SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
such a nice night out tonight so me and my buddy decided to swing up to boston for a while. took advantage of the lite traffic and decided to do some serious SAABn' on 95 and 93. only thing on the way back, i noticed that i topped out at 109mph, and that is with the pedal absolutly floored, plus it took me maybe 20 seonconds to get there from 105mph. my buddy thinks it could be a vacuum leak, but since my check engine light was and (and has been on intermittently since early june) we both decided it might be the O2 sensor cutting back some of my top end. is this plausable?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have the 2.0 16v non turbo with around 134,000 on the clock and I topped out around there. After 100, it took about a minute to get past 105. I'm not too keen on the idea that my older Volvo topped out at a higher speed than my Saab.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
guys thats pritty good. i have yet to top out but i have gone to about 125 and i have a 16v turbo.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That is pants....I bought a friends son a 1.0 3 cylinder 12 valve Corsa and that shot up to 95 mph no problem. I rekon if i had pushed it i could have got a ton. Then last week i hired a transit van to pick up a pool table and on the way back from leeds i got 96mph totally flat out. Man most cars nowadays do 115 120 i would be disapointed if i were you:(

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
top out

Mine tops out @125mph and 4,900 rpm, really want to figure out how to 'access' that final 1,100rpm in 5th (take it to 6,000) and see what speed the car does.

·
Registered
62 Posts
PHAT_joe said:
such a nice night out tonight so me and my buddy decided to swing up to boston for a while. took advantage of the lite traffic and decided to do some serious SAABn' on 95 and 93. only thing on the way back, i noticed that i topped out at 109mph, and that is with the pedal absolutly floored, plus it took me maybe 20 seonconds to get there from 105mph. my buddy thinks it could be a vacuum leak, but since my check engine light was and (and has been on intermittently since early june) we both decided it might be the O2 sensor cutting back some of my top end. is this plausable?
Ohh, so you're that moron who nearly killed me.

Not really, but seriously. The speed limit on 95 in the boston area is 55, if you got nabbed going anything near 100, you'd be royally screwed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.