SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet again...the delaer has put TOO MUCH f$#^ing oil in my car!!!! :evil:

I just got home, let it cool and took this pic. It registers a smidge above the word MAX. Thoughts? Ideas? Words of amazement? Is it really that big of a deal or am I making too much of it?

With the crazy price of synth oil, I would have guessed they would underfill?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
After the first revision, I have to vacuum some over oil (the dealer generosity).
note: it is very important not get out bound the max. level of stick...bar/level...................... damage the engine.
I had to take off some oil, by following this method:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
seems like all dealers do it now. when i had my oil change done last time i told them specifically to make sure its not above the max level. thankfully they did it perfectly, but i dont know why they cant do that all the time.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
seems like all dealers do it now. when i had my oil change done last time i told them specifically to make sure its not above the max level. thankfully they did it perfectly, but i dont know why they cant do that all the time.

An off topic observation:

I love your avatar! Hala Madrid!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
In my second oil change I also advise the dealer but still generous, see picture

you have more over filler about 500 ml, that is too much for the over valves pressure in the engine. you can claim to the dealer... to take it oil out to the max. level.

see my son 2.0 engine dipstick level after 30000 kms

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
My indicator, well, sort of does not have an "indicator." :S

It's rather weird on the V6.

Bunch of Madridsitas here, nice :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I wouldn't worry as it's only a bit over. If it was alot I would then be concerned.
I assume they use bulk and estimate the 6.3 quarts that goes in and maybe you got 6.5. Again not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mine way over filled it....I was there the next day and made them drain a little...and it was still too much! I drained it to the correct level at home and will do them from now on myself. The V6 is actually an easy car to do the oil changes on.....

Sean

·
Super Moderator
9,444 Posts
all my cars even the saab have been overfilled with oil,with no problems what so ever...1 of them did 210k miles.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
An off topic observation:

I love your avatar! Hala Madrid!
haha thanks, was really gutted when we got knocked out in cl. the first half of yesterday's game was great! hopefully we can take care of atletico

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is why you have to change your own oil. I try to rely on the dealers and other mechanics as little as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts