SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Cone filter to replace the ridiculous air box that blocks flow through the intercooler. Fits well and seems to make a slight difference.

I also bought a boost guage. Where can I hook it into the intake easily?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
reach through the left front speaker hole and use the vacuum line that goes to the stock boost gauge. you'll need a "T" or "Y" connector to make em both work.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
its best if you can pop the aircone in the area in front of the wheel well...you just suck in hot engine bay air by having it in the stock location at the end of the AMM. if i recall correctly the 88 airbox (or all pre-ABS turbos as far as i know) had a L section before it that draws air from the area by the apc. your can cut a hole and route the cone in there, otherwise you really arent doing yourself any favors. what you 'feel' is just the added sound that you can hear that isnt muffled by the airbox. And ditto what dan said about the boost gauge

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes, the boost gauge splice behind the instrument cluster is easiest and effective.

i think all c900's came with a whalefin attachment to draw air from the driver's side wheel well. in colder temps or while moving at a decent rate of speed, i dont think it really matters whether the air comes from within the engine comparment or the wheel well. atleast air is not being pulled from the exhaust side of the engine bay. before we get back to summer i will certainly be rerouting my intake to pull from either just behind the bumper or out of the drivers side wheel well. that all depends on where my FMIC piping ends up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
pre-ABS cars had the 'whalefin' as you call it. cars with ac, especially turbos, really get a lot hotter under the hood than you may think.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
TurboHusker said:
my gauge came with like, 5 feet of tubing, i routed it from one of the vacuum lines directly off the intake manifold through a grommet in the firewall and into the gauge, works great for me... i had hooked it up to the line that comes into the firewall for the stock gauge, but i guess it didn't hook up right cuz it showed a constant 20inhg of vacuum :lol:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
TurboHusker said:
I bought a Cone filter to replace the ridiculous air box that blocks flow through the intercooler. Fits well and seems to make a slight difference.

So that the filter can suck the hot air that has passed through the intercooler to cool the incoming air that comes from the filter that has passed through the intercooler :lol:

It's like plugging an extension cord back into itself you can cause a rift in the space-time continuum. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts