SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone painted the black wheel arch covers to match the bodywork? or taken them off completely? is it a mess underneath? i have seen a few pictures of cars where they are all matched up, skirts and spoilers included, just wondering if anyone has done the wheel arches too or if that came as standard on any models?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
If you take them off, you'll be exposing the components behind to all the crap thrown up by the wheels. That'll be the door shuts, the indicators, the airbox, the inside of the wings, shall I continue?

Right back to the days of cars that collected mud up by the headlights and nooks and crannys that you get in wings and rotted through pretty quickly.

David.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean the black strip/beading on the bodywork not inside the wheel arch itself. that really would be asking for trouble!

·
Banned
637 Posts
Errrr.... the Outer Trim ring yer On About.. HOLDS the fender liner in Place.. Tough to remove the outer while leaving the Liner.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unlike CSE's I think the AERO's trim parts match with it's body color. I think this makes the car look A LOT cleaner and sleeker.
I'd really like to paint my trim parts white but I don't know what kind of white to get, I don't want the difference to be too noticeable. God forbid if I should have a RICE looking Saab.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
white93cse said:
I'd really like to paint my trim parts white but I don't know what kind of white to get, I don't want the difference to be too noticeable. God forbid if I should have a RICE looking Saab.
If you go to an AutoPaint store they will make up the correct paint to match your car colour, using the paint code from the Body and Trim colour label (should be on rear door pillar) barring fading this should match perfectly :cheesy:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Last_straw said:
If you go to an AutoPaint store they will make up the correct paint to match your car colour, using the paint code from the Body and Trim colour label (should be on rear door pillar) barring fading this should match perfectly :cheesy:
Wow I never thought about that.. :D
Painting it myself though...That would be something else, the only method I know of is spray painting.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Doesn't look that bad but I thought you were going to carry it on around the wheel arch trims?

I think the trouble is that when you start doing things like you've done, it shows up the existing paint. Just carry on and do the rest of the car. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
white93cse, is that your 93 in the pics?

my 93 cse has the front skirting colour coded to the body but i thought it was standard?

·
Registered
176 Posts
djtaylor,
I was originally going to paint all the skirts and the wheel arch trim parts. After we did the from and back though I just wanted to stop, the contrast between the skirt's white and the car's white is just too much.
I'm not proficient enough in Photoshop to to finish it in there and see what it would look like.
Now I don't know what color to respray them: black, or gray, or...a different shade of white?

DUTCH,
Yea, that's my '93. When I got my car, the skirts were grayish/black all around.
Consider yourself lucky. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts