SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did an oil change in my 2000 Aero and mistakenly put semi-synthetic in. (Although it was the right spec numbers and letters according to the handbook)

I now realise that I should have put fully-synthetic in.

I've purchased some proper SAAB oil and intend to replace it this week.

Do I NEED to flush the engine through - or can I just drain and replace?

I've never flushed before - I guess you simple drain the oil - fill with flush - run the engine for a while - drain the flush and fill with oil - is that right?

As always - thanks for your time in replying!

Cheers

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I always use flush, I use the Forte one, so I'd say yes, flush everytime ;)

You add the product, fast idle for 20-30 mins, drain oil, change filter and sump washer and refil! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
RobinHood said:
Do I NEED to flush the engine through - or can I just drain and replace?

I've never flushed before - I guess you simple drain the oil - fill with flush - run the engine for a while - drain the flush and fill with oil - is that right?
good call for wanting to swap the oil, look at this oil thread in the lounge

As the oil in there is new flushing is not essential, the Forte flush the Chris has alluded too is an additive you just put in the top of the engine and follow the instructions - it is a very good product, my Vauxhall dealers recommend it ; your description is for 'flushing oil' when you literally drop out the old stuff, fill with flush oil, run it, drop that out then change the filter and washer, then proceed to fill with your preferred oil, this also a good product, but you end up with twice the oil to catch and dispose of, your choice.

Saab do 2 grades of turbo oil, as you have an aero, I'd recommend using the high performance version no pretty picture but...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct Oil for Areo

Yes, thanks to Weston at Nottingham SAAB - I have the correct oil.

I guess I'll just drain the semi-synthetic out and refill with the new stuff.

Thanks for commenting though.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts