SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a more practical and best bang for the buck install after the rear sway bar which I already have? Also have a MBC+A on the way

1. Steering rack clamp and brace?

or

2. 6 Point subframe brace?

or

3. Koni adjustable shocks/dampers and lowering springs?

I'm assuming the mods listed later are harder to install.

Thanks, your opinion is welcome

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
They all work in different ways and IMO you need them all ( plus other mods) to get anywhere near acceptable handling out of these cars.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'd say go for the rack brace. It isn't to hard to install, but clearance is tight. My recommendation before you install it, should you get it, would be to turn your wheels to the right. It helps get that plastic rivet out, and the new bolt in alot easier.

I'm assuming the mods listed later are harder to install.
And progressively more expensive, as well. My suggestion, would be to go for the rack brace, 3" dp, THEN the 6-pt subframe brace, then the Koni's. Why? You'd have to remove the 6-pt brace to install the pipe if you install the dp afterwards.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i agree with KC9-3SE steering rack brace definitly makes the torque steer manageable

·
Registered
13 Posts
No question... Rack clamp/brace!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Steering rack brace is very important, but it makes more of a differnece in keeping power to the road, if you want to really compliment your ARB, I would go with the lowering spring+ shocks.

If you're going for biggest bang for buck though, the rack brace is where its at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts