SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Saab lover. I have a M1 Saab 9.3 aero. Year: 2008. Bose surround sytem, Saab infotainment nav. system. It’s now old fashion system. I would like to bought new ( non-original) system and replace it. Could you please advice ? Thank you, Nicolas
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Radio Satellite radio Car Media player

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a YouTuber out of the UK who has a Saab channel with lots of great videos on this type of project
I think you might be talking about my channel "Saab Unleashed" :)

Nicholas - you need this kit CTKSA01 Saab 9-3 2006-2012 Double Din Car Stereo Fascia Fitting Kit

Then you can install whatever head unit you want and retain the steering controls ect.
If you want to keep costs low look at Android based units, but don't buy very cheap ones. Ask here before you buy

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Griffinous Maybe you might know this. I just got a crux BTS-GM1X for my 2007 Saab 93 aero sport Combi. I took all the time to remove the side panel to install it to the xm receiver. I have the nav system but once plugged in the xm option disappears. Is there any trick to this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
@Griffinous Maybe you might know this. I just got a crux BTS-GM1X for my 2007 Saab 93 aero sport Combi. I took all the time to remove the side panel to install it to the xm receiver. I have the nav system but once plugged in the xm option disappears. Is there any trick to this?
To be honest, I've never dabbled with that unit. But sounds like a tech2 may be required

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much!!!!!!
Hello dear Griffinous, i directly sent an e mail to DS...but unfortunatley they answered "
Hi there,
Unfortunately i had a customer who purchased before with BOSE also and they said
it had interference so i do not recommend for you unfortunately."
Would you have any other idea?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello dear Griffinous, i directly sent an e mail to DS...but unfortunatley they answered "
Hi there,
Unfortunately i had a customer who purchased before with BOSE also and they said
it had interference so i do not recommend for you unfortunately."
Would you have any other idea?
Thank you!!
I don't, but I would still suggest that you try this. Not necessarily from the retailer that I linked, but from Amazon or somewhere equivalent that would allow you to return if it doesn't work out.
At the end of the day, the Bose system still uses a stock external amp, and has the same speaker connections behind the head unit, so you really shouldn't have issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts