SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 9-3 Convert. but I also love the looks of the Viggen Convert since I have a base 9-3. I have upgraded my air filter to the K&N and installed the rear roll bar. My question is do I keep going with the Viggen body kit, engine mods, etc etc or just bite the bullet and buy a newer Viggen.

In Toronto I see about 5 online in the $28K range for a 2000-2001. My 9-3 convertible is 1999 with circa 130,000 kilometers worth about $15K.

Thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
kaltorak said:
I love my 9-3 Convert. but I also love the looks of the Viggen Convert since I have a base 9-3. I have upgraded my air filter to the K&N and installed the rear roll bar. My question is do I keep going with the Viggen body kit, engine mods, etc etc or just bite the bullet and buy a newer Viggen.

In Toronto I see about 5 online in the $28K range for a 2000-2001. My 9-3 convertible is 1999 with circa 130,000 kilometers worth about $15K.

It's up to you. If you spend $13k on mods, you still will have the high number of miles on your car (compared to what those really espensive Viggens probably have...) and a more stressed engine (becasue it doesnt have the natural safety of being stock)

If you're in it for looks, you could consider a late model SE convertible. I believe all of the 9-3 cav's came with the Viggen kit. Confused the hell out of me that someone at work has a nearly brand new-looking cav with Viggen body kit, but SE where teh Viggen deltas should be.... You might save a bit this way, and get a later model car. But who knows...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
In the states the Viggen body kit was offered on a sport model of the 2003 conv. It also had the Viggen seats.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Keep the 9-3 if it has the T5 engine management. Then you can turn it into a Viggen Eater, thats what im doing. But if your not concerned about high end performance than go Viggen cause you just can beat the looks and interior, although you can buy one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like the looks of a viggen but as I have read here the T-5 is a much better system. Descisions...descisions...:evil:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
kaltorak said:

Wow, can you imagine what your car would be like if you put 13K into it? Man, that would be awesome! I would keep the 9-3. Normally I would say get the better car but in the case of a Vig or 9-3, you already have the basic stuff and then factor in the T5 vs T7 debate. Basically, take a 15K 9-3, put 13K into it and garunteed it will be better than the stock viggen. Thats what I think anyway.

Tboy

·
Registered
642 Posts
Tboy said:
Wow, can you imagine what your car would be like if you put 13K into it? Man, that would be awesome! I would keep the 9-3. Normally I would say get the better car but in the case of a Vig or 9-3, you already have the basic stuff and then factor in the T5 vs T7 debate. Basically, take a 15K 9-3, put 13K into it and garunteed it will be better than the stock viggen. Thats what I think anyway.

Tboy
It would RAPE a Stock viggen

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then I will do it and keep my baby. I have seen on saabcatalog.com a body kit avail for under $400 USD. Does anyone know anything about it? Also, without having to price out the components of the Viggen is there a body kit either in Canada or the US anyone knows about?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
kaltorak said:
Then I will do it and keep my baby. I have seen on saabcatalog.com a body kit avail for under $400 USD. Does anyone know anything about it? Also, without having to price out the components of the Viggen is there a body kit either in Canada or the US anyone knows about?
Do we ever!

Just search for Saab Catalog kit:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=109038

Tboy

·
Registered
32 Posts
:eek: what ever

these coments are what you would expect from people who obviously haven't owned a VIGGEN :cheesy:

i would suggest going out for a test drive in one mate and then come back on here when you have bought one, because they are that good.
Once you have done up your 9-3 and maybe even got it to be faster, it still WON'T BE A VIGGEN, so when you come to sell it it will be worth far less :nono;

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a Viggen and I recently drove my dad's 9-3 HOT. It was a let down because it just .. lacked torque. I know you could mod it and all that jazz, but it's just..not a Viggen. I have the exact same response, but I was gonna keep my mouth shut :-D

-Aviansh

·
Registered
434 Posts
All I'm saying is, if having a SAAB that is faster than the Viggen is important to you, get a T5 based car. But I've had both and just having the Viggen seems like more of a priviledge than owning a 9-3SE HOT or so. There's just something about owning the performance model of the 9-3 that I like.

-Avinash

·
Registered
328 Posts
They won't ship that kit here to Canada. I tried. But if you have some buddies in one of the Can/US boarder cities, your good to go. Buffalo NY,(Ontario) Platsburg NY,(Quebec) Vermont (Quebec)etc.
Coming on our wine tour next month in Niagara?

Later

Michael

kaltorak said:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts