SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2004 9-3 Aero 6MT and am seriously considering a Stage 1 BSR PPC upgrade. I need to be helped along as I'm somewhat on the fence. Can anyone share their good, bad &/or ugly experiences with the mod. i.e. is the increase in power significantly noticeable, does it cause the computer to throw codes? After running hard, does the computer roll off the boost to cool the engine down? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
ROTFLMAO....and I used to get scolded by some for suggesting to noobs there was a search box and a FAQ

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yeah, but someone has to show them the light. I guess I get to be the bad guy now. Honestly there are three different posts on this one page about BSR so I would say it's pretty obvious what the feeling towards BSR is around here.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I found this one on some forum. I think its the best :lol:

Just joking with you man! Of course it is worth it. You will think you have a different car. I run my car hard everyday and not a single problem!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
lol, Vector SS, too funny! I too want a stage 1, but the US dollar is worth less than the paper its printed on....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey all you search-policemen, is it prohibited here to start a new topic? Even if the question has been already covered several times? New questions keep this forum alive. I don´t like that always the answer is USE SEARCH. That answer should be prohibited and this user banned. Nobody wants to rear that!

If you´d like to point out "search" then you may provide links to suitable topics.

Doh!!

.. and no offence :D

is the increase in power significantly noticeable, does it cause the computer to throw codes? After running hard, does the computer roll off the boost to cool the engine down? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
* Yes
* No, never
* No need for that

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Amen... that's a vBulletin change that can be made.

wtfwill said:
the only problem with the search feature here is.. if the term is too short the forum refuses to search.

some examples..

"BOV"
"BSR"
"LED"

and these are all very common questions.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Marko A said:
Hey all you search-policemen, is it prohibited here to start a new topic? Even if the question has been already covered several times? New questions keep this forum alive. I don´t like that always the answer is USE SEARCH. That answer should be prohibited and this user banned. Nobody wants to rear that!

If you´d like to point out "search" then you may provide links to suitable topics.

Doh!!

.. and no offence :D

* Yes
* No, never
* No need for that

Highly recommended.
True, but I think the whole start a new thread and then someone jumping in and saying use the search button is a TYPICAL thing on every single forum I have been on.

Aside from that, it would be good to have all the information about a specific topic limited to a number of threads instead of a 100. Say it does keep going like this, then 5 years from now, we will have a million BSR threads, thus making it extremely hard for a new member who does use the search function to pin point the specific answer he/she is looking for, and as a result, might start a new thread to actually get an answer...and then it goes on and on and on...:cheesy:

BUT, I'm always willing to help:cool:

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
wtfwill said:
the only problem with the search feature here is.. if the term is too short the forum refuses to search.

some examples..

"BOV"
"BSR"
"LED"

and these are all very common questions.
So try Blow off Valve, BSR Stage 1 or BSR PPC, Light emitting Diode etc.

And anyone who's spent 15 minutes browsing the workshop or performance rooms will see a Dozen threads on BSR, or OIL, or Intakes, very common topics.

But on the other hand, according to a poll in the workshop, 80% here are first time Saab owners and .....they still fall for the Born from Jets campaign:eek:

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Marko A said:
Hey all you search-policemen, is it prohibited here to start a new topic?
We welcome new topics. Do you have one?

There are dozens or reviews on BSR PPC's, just reading/browsing a bit and not even a search would have turned up Several.

Now we are way off topic......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get it - I will definitely use the search function more effectively in the future, and yes... I initiated a thread that was started before - BIG MISTAKE - I understand.

However, the response that I received is more reminiscent of school yard children heckling someone’s mistake.

Once again - my apologies!

I hope I did not offend too many intelligent SAAB owners.

·
Super Moderator
20,349 Posts
Kooby said:
I just picked up a 2004 9-3 Aero 6MT and am seriously considering a Stage 1 BSR PPC upgrade. I need to be helped along as I'm somewhat on the fence. Can anyone share their good, bad &/or ugly experiences with the mod. i.e. is the increase in power significantly noticeable, does it cause the computer to throw codes? After running hard, does the computer roll off the boost to cool the engine down? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I have honestly only seen 2 cases of "bad". One involved a guy constantly losing cruise control in 5th gear after tuning. I'm not sure if his problem was resolved. Another involved a ruined ECU after the tuning failed. I'm not sure if that was solved either. That said, there are many, many of us who have the BSR PPC and think it is great and have no issues whatsoever. The increase is certainly noticeable, and is more so with the 2.0T engine (210 HP) that you have. In my case the PPC throws 2 codes after it tunes which I clear once form the SID and I'm off. I have not seen any reduction in boost after hard driving, unless it is a 100 degree day, and then I don't push my car hard on those days. I think the PPC is well worth the money and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who says otherwise.

Basically I have a almost 210 HP 2.0t that spools faster than the original 210HP 2.0T ..... of course the 2.0T guys get a 2.0T that makes almost as much power as the 2.8T after tuning. :x

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like, and welsome to SC!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've had my BSR for a 12 months now.... take my advice..... DON'T leave your car standard...BSR as soon as you can..you will not regret it :cheesy: :cheesy: ( then once you have done that change the dash speakers for Boston 35's the rear shelf with Boston 45's and the door speakers for Infinity 62.7i's...job done)...'til you find something else to improve :cheesy:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Kooby,

BSR your car once you can get the funds together. LIke the nice fellows said, there are a lot of great links so do your own research and and check it out for yourself. THere are a lot of great resources!!!

Dont let the old fellows get to ya, and Im sure you have been told, pics of the new ride are manditory!

Happy SAAB'in!

Drew

1 - 20 of 58 Posts