SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isnt a 9000 question but Im considering a 93 for the wife .She dosent like 9000's .Thinks looks count or something like that and dosent want to drive something built like a truck! So does anyone own one of each .Is the 93 a good car ? I have to say I drove one once and thought it was very pleasant but nothing more.

·
Registered
819 Posts
ive had the use of one a few times. Its quite a nice drive, nothing spetacular. It certainly cruises on the motorway very well, no rattles, soft ride, very quiet. I think the more modern sound insulation lures you into perhaps a false sense of "quality". Whereas my 9000 rattles and creaks under certain condtions when the 9-3 didnt, but i know which one is the better built car! :lol:

edited to say, i was talking about the og 9-3! ive not driven the 9-3ss, if thats the model you were referring to?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, If you are referring to a 9-3ss I have both a 2004 9-3 Arc and a 1995 9000 CSE.

I like both cars. As mentioned above the noise insulation leads to a more luxurous feeling, the acceleration, shifting and steering feel a bit more refined in the 9-3... that said My wife loves the 9-3.

I think the 9000 is a more comfomfortable car it's ride is more smooth, the 9-3 feels too rigid over bumps also, I am tall and personally think the seats in the 9000 are more comfortable.

It's a toss up. I prefer the 9000 as a daily driver but we always take the 9-3 on longer trips.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i did it!!!! love my 9-3 to death!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Get at 9-5! It's all the good things about a 9000 and a newer 9-3 wrapped into one great package =]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts