SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Saab is nearing it's 20th birthday at 165,000 miles and for the first time I have noticed it's age is becoming a factor on it's body and engine parts as well as its performance...sorta what happens with our own body as we age.

She has been a great car to me....over the years no 'big' major problems on her own that would make me think of trading her in.

I've taken good care of her but have made a couple mistakes by some of the mechanics I let work on her. I almost lost her when a mechanic forgot to tighten a bolt on the crankshaft and the crankshaft ended up tilting.

Because of her age my car now needs a TLC mechanic. I moved to Colorado Springs 5 months ago and am needing repairs done on my car but I'm so afraid of letting the wrong hands touch her.

All those who are owners of a Saab who are reading this message: How do I go about finding a GOOD, CARING SAAB MECHANIC here in Colorado Springs?

My Saab can't afford too many more of my mistakes.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
JoCoMo said:
My Saab is nearing it's 20th birthday at 165,000 miles and for the first time I have noticed it's age is becoming a factor on it's body and engine parts as well as its performance...sorta what happens with our own body as we age.

She has been a great car to me....over the years no 'big' major problems on her own that would make me think of trading her in.

I've taken good care of her but have made a couple mistakes by some of the mechanics I let work on her. I almost lost her when a mechanic forgot to tighten a bolt on the crankshaft and the crankshaft ended up tilting.

Because of her age my car now needs a TLC mechanic. I moved to Colorado Springs 5 months ago and am needing repairs done on my car but I'm so afraid of letting the wrong hands touch her.

All those who are owners of a Saab who are reading this message: How do I go about finding a GOOD, CARING SAAB MECHANIC here in Colorado Springs?

My Saab can't afford too many more of my mistakes.
im not sure about mechanics in colorado, but let me tell you, she can handle more than you think ;) it's your wallet that might complain, but trust me, these are solid cars, short of wrecking the frame or rust, nothing can kill these cars completely

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.