SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need new tires for the 9-5. any recommendations? im looking to spend less than 500. i have a lot of things that need to be done to the car, so on a budget.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart :eek:

Spend as much as you can on the four small patches of rubber that connect you with the road ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Be sure to get at a minimum the same size, speed rating, and load limits that came stock with your car. This will preserve the performance, handling and safety limits of your car.

As mentioned above - get the best tires you can reasonably afford. If you don't have dedicated winter wheels, get a tire that will handle your winter driving needs (i.e in an area with no snow or ice, all seasons may not even be needed)

Tirerack is a great source of info and pricing, even if you don't use them to purchase - knowledge is power!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I replaced the OE Michelins with Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's almost 10K miles ago. So far very good. It's an all season tire, so it should do well for you in NY. They stick very well in the corners and you can tell that the OE suspension is now the weaker link in the handling department.

I bought them through http://www.discounttiredirect.com because they offer free shipping and no sales tax being that they were mailorder. The price on these have gone up $10 a piece since I bought them and now they're $87 each. You might find them cheaper, but the free shipping negated the slightly higher cost. The savings on the sales tax also offsets the cost of mounting and balancing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts