SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost unable to accelerate when ever the pavement is moist. I have good tread now but apparently not effective when I accelerate.

Is this problem typical with a 9-3?

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
what brand tire, and what DOT date code on the tire?

Brands that are horrible /terrible for grip in wet in my experience:
any tire 5 years old or more
Falken 451 I tried they were so bad for grip, after two days I sold them to a friend with a caveat. He didn't care he wanted cheap.

Continental DWS with the "S" worn out, terrible in the rain. Expected not to be good in snow anyway.

any tire with 3/32 tread depth left.

OEM Pirelli with 4/32 tread depth left.

etc

my experience.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It’s definitely your tires.

It’s not just the thread that dictates how grippy a tire is. I’ve ran Bridgestone Potenzas (summer tires) that were pretty good on wet pavement, but then I’ve had Michelin Pilots (A/S tires) that completely sucked in rain and even more in snow obviously. Now I’m running Bridgestone Blizzaks and I always look forward to rain/snow - that’s when the fun begins.

Don’t ever go cheap on tires - it’s the only thing that connects you to the road. I don’t understand how (at least in the colder/snow states) snow tires aren’t mandatory. It’s always best to have a dedicated set for summer and winter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are more than five years old. From y research it is an inherent problem and I will have to live with it. the right tires should make a difference. I have heard that the Pirelli is a good choice.Do you know the model that was OEM ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are more than five years old. From y research it is an inherent problem and I will have to live with it. the right tires should make a difference. I have heard that the Pirelli is a good choice.Do you know the model that was OEM ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts