SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to replace my tires on 2005 9.5 Aero wagon, right now I have Pirelli, terrible tire, fast wear and a lot of road noise. Any recomendations on better tires from your experience? Maybe you can also suggest good stores where I can buy/install newtires in Jersey City, NJ area. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Michelin Pilots

I've had/got Michelin Pilot Premacy on my Aero Wagon, like 'em a lot, good value for money (this side of the pond anyway). Wear well and handle nicely.

Colin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Colin, my cousin actually has Michelin tires on his 1999 convertible, car got noticebly quiter once he replaced old Pirellis. Any suggestions on where to buy them? Thank you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You need a good asymetrical tyre. Or anything that isn't fully directional.

I use yokohama DB550... low noise tyres designed for jaguars (hey they work for Saab as well!). Much quiet than other tyres ive tried, not much sacrificing of grip and werent an arm and a leg.

I should also note that traditionally the best tyres in terms of grip are the noisier and wear faster due to the softer rubber compound (which tends to be a pirelli)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I though the 2002+ Aeros had larger than 17inch wheels?

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 2004 (used, new to me) came with new General UHP's. They've been a pretty good tire so far. pretty even where with occasional rotation, though they are directional tires. I have ~20k on them and figure They're about half done so I expect at least another 15-20K out of them. They are summer performance tires but I did use them through last winter (I was careful). I am going to go with dedicated winter tires this winter. It's all about the rubber.

·
Registered
199 Posts
woywitka said:
I though the 2002+ Aeros had larger than 17inch wheels?
i was under the impression they still had 17" they just swapped from the klingon wheels to a 5spoke dual design.

Not sure if 06 revision went to 18" but i thought not...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts