SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got more than a couple hundred thousand miles on my car. It shows. It makes me sad that someone would let it fall to this disrepair... If it breaks - fix it!

Regardless, onto the point of the post!

"Check Soft Top" - gets displayed on the SID (2) pretty much every time I accelerate, or begin to go downhill. It's a sensor issue, I'm sure of it. No, the soft top doesn't work. I hear a motor going, but bah - whatever. I'm not in a position to fix it - money issues, I'm sure you all know about those.

My question to you is, where are all the sensors - or one master power cable I can temporarily unplug to silence the dinging from the soft top error?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
It sounds like one or both of the very expensive micro switches in the top of the windshield neither need adjustment or need to be replaced. Maybe someone will post if the circuit is normally open or normally closed. Most alarm ciruits are normally closed and go into alarm when the circuit opens. If that's the case with these switches, you could just jumper around them if you're not going to use the top... Ron

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I haven't tried this but if it works please post. There is a maxi fuse for the convertible top. It controls all the power for the top. I think if you pull this fuse, the dinging should stop.. I thnk this is fuse 5 in the maxi fuse box next to the battery. Non verts don't have this fuse in their box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried both 5, and 1 (not sure which was which) in the Maxi box. One which was removed didn't appear to do anything, and still dinged like crazy. The other one stopped the dinging - which was good - but it also cut power to the SID2 :confused:.

And Ron, being in northern California for the past well... a while, and will be for a while longer, I mostly drive with the top down - so I'm thinking it's one of the tonneau cover sensor / switches...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.