SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to replace my tires. I currently have 205/50/16's on there. I went to Tire Discount and they advised that is the only size that is recommended for my 2002 9-3 SE. When I go to tirerack.com or samsclub.com and do a search by my vehicle type it offers 205/55/16 (and no 205/50).

Initially I thought the 55's were the oem size because my speedo is a couple mph under. If 55's would work I think it would open up some more options - now I'm looking at the BF Goodrich T/A - probably not the best performer.....but suppose to be dang good for the Northern states in the winter time.

Anybody know if the 55's would work??? I'm thinking the 50's might look cooler but am hoping the difference would be pretty subtle.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
55's will work just fine. Many have gone that route with fine results. It will feel a little softer of a ride to you. Slight performance decrease, but I do understand that 55's are much more available then the 50's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What should I do about speed rating? I think my current Pirelli's are rated V. If I went to an H or a T would it be a huge sacrafice in performance? I don't track race or anything like that - but its still nice to feel good going around corners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts