SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car with 2 different tires. It has Falken 225/45 17 in the front which is the OE size. The backs are Michelin Pilots (HXMXM4) 235/45 17. The Falken need to go, but the Michelin still have a fair amount of tread left.
Will 235/45 work up front without rubbing when turning? I'm thinking of rotating them to give me a little time to come up with the tire funds.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Erm... Their both 17". Wheres the problem ? Their the same size!
The width? Rears are 235 v 225 for the front.
Im not too sure , someone else will know better, but I think the later 9 5s had 7.5" width rims and the earlier models had 7" rims so 235s would be ok on the later 9 5s .
I stand to be corrected:D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yea it's fine. 225/45/17 is stock size and 235/45/17 doesn't make much of a difference, just a bit wider of a tire and it will stick out a tad more.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Most tire manufacturers recommend a minimum 7.5" rim width for 235 width tires. You'll need to check what rims you have and the specs for the tires you plan to use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 8 inch BBS rims so I'm fine there.
I had an Alfa Romeo 164 that would rub on the wheel liner when doing a sharp turn. And that turning radius already sucked. I just wanted to make sure the Saab wasn't plagued by the same problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts