SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get new tires for my 2002 Saab 9-3 SE. I just want a good all season tire (on a budget).
Also, where is the best place to order online.
thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions about a month ago (from a local tire dealer) and I'm very happy with them.

I bought my 2002 9_3 SE in 2006 under the Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program and the dealer installed Goodyear Eagle RS-A on it during the CPO inspection. I neglected them (never had them rotated) and the fronts got lumpy after 25,000 miles.

The Bridgestones ride better, handle better in dry and wet conditions, etc. Haven't had them in the snow yet, but they're supposed to do well there too.

Good tires are worth the money!!! You might want to shop locally too...my dealer had comparable prices plus offers free rotation (every 5000 miles) and free puncture repair.

Obligatory TireRack link ;) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position&partnum=055WR6RE960PP&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=0&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just picked up 4 General Altimax HP tires based on a lot of research and looking around. I should have them by Wed.

-zen

sirapm said:
I need to get new tires for my 2002 Saab 9-3 SE. I just want a good all season tire (on a budget).
Also, where is the best place to order online.
thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have Fuzion HRi's on my car...they are dirt cheap (only like $60 each off tirerack) but grip phenomenally. I have yet to break traction in any condition while cornering. However the interesting tread pattern makes them ride a bit harsh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts