SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 SC aero is telling me I have an issue with my back right tire. But I def have the 35 Psui rcommended if not more at this point/ Do these sensors fail often? I only have 35k.

What is the best mitigation/fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the TPMS is calibrated factory at 35 PSI +- 5 PSI, anything outside that range and it will trip. Make sure your tire is not leaking air, fill it to 37 and warm it up. Should go away after a while

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 08 SC aero is telling me I have an issue with my back right tire. But I def have the 35 Psui rcommended if not more at this point/ Do these sensors fail often? I only have 35k.

What is the best mitigation/fix?

Thanks
Those monitors run on internal batteries. Theres a chance you could have a dead battery. Any good tire shop should have the tool to be able to tell if its at least broadcasting.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have same problem, usually 37-38 psi in the magic number
+1...my Turbo X has the system and needs at least 37psi to deactivate the fault...double check the coloured band around the base of the sensor to ensure the wheels are where the system thinks they are.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried filling to ~37Psi and the issue still persists. I drove almost 150 miles on highways to see if it takes some time and wheel rotations for the system to reset... Im thinking there's definitely an issue with the sensor system not the tire. I will try to fill up once again and also see if the pressure dropped since my last fill.

What colored band are you referring to genman?

·
Registered
581 Posts
At the base of each sensor on my car there is a coloured band ( black,green ,red and yellow ) but according to the manual there is no mention of these and it seems the system automatically adjusts for wheels being moved in about 10 minutes , the batteries should last 10 yrs or 100K miles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
False alarm -- turns out the two pressure gauges, one on compressor and one separate were both reading high, when I filled it to the actual pressure the TPMS reset and the warning is gone. However I do believe my tire is leaking...

NAKS... just by what I learned so far it looks like the four sensors just thread into the rim from the inside, however, I have no clue how to interface them with the car computer for feedback and display...

Thansks everyone...

·
Registered
293 Posts
just by what I learned so far it looks like the four sensors just thread into the rim from the inside, however, I have no clue how to interface them with the car computer for feedback and display...
Thanks boet, makes sense. I'll stick it to eyeballling the tyres every weekend ;ol;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts