SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dash says right rear low, pressure is correct. Shop says unit in wheel is working. If it is the control module (a 100.00 part) wouldn’t I be getting a system failure rather than just 1 tire low?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
How long since the TP alarm?

Mine have tripped from the barometric pressure drop ahead of a strong storm, and the odd very cold night (50-60F day to night change) but they should reset. It depends on the pressure where your sensors are set to trip - that gets set by modern tire shops when they sell you tires. Add a pound or two of air and it should disappear.

You'll only get a system error if the TPM has failed or can't talk to one or more of the tire sensors.

The other TP alarm condition is a puncture, which is more than 3psi/min. pressure drop.

If you add air within 15 min. of putting the key in LOCK position after driving the message should be cancelled immediately. Otherwise the TPM will take the normal learn time to cancel it after adding.

EDIT: If the alarm repeats after adding air, check for something like failing valve insert, or a drywall screw imbedded in the tire. They can get into some strange places. ;)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No alarm.
Just a low on right rear. Clear it, but the tire symbol stays on.
Tire shop did a reset, drove around a couple of days. No change.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Did the shop check where the sensor is set to be sure it was still at the right trip point for the tire? It almost sounds like you have a sensor set to trip at 35+ psi or whatever full scale on that setting is...stuck IOW.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Problem is, if it's not the sensor, then TPM becomes suspect.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Check all tires pressure, u might have misplaced tire.
second u will need a tech2 to read actuall pressure from the sensor, faults and others, its usually a failed sensor that indicates zero and it could be intermittent

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Try to increase pressure just a little bit.

·
Registered
390 Posts
All totes are at 35 lb
I had this exact same problem. It was going on for a few weeks, pressure was always good. Then when it got cold, my car battery died, it was getting old. New battery installed and the warning has not returned. It has been 2 weeks now!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Double check that you actually have TPMS connected to your car. Easiest way is decrease pressure (under 180kPa) from 1 wheel and drive few hundred meters/yards. If TPMS is OK,you should have warning.
Remember to increase pressur back to normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts