SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have Saab'xperience running Fuzion tires? Good, bad or indifferent?

Muchas Gracias! (that's be 'ta' for some) :cheesy:

·
Banned
35 Posts
I know they use them on Modern fords. You buying new or used? I imagine the type of tire maters as well i.e. (sport performance, winter) ect...

The brand itself is kinda on the lower end of the totum pole to my understanding, but to me new rubber is new rubber. Get 30K out of em and go for a new set...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I got my tires at discount tire center--I found between the stores rebate and goodyears rebate ($150 off between the two!) for getting 4 tires that it was cheaper to get a better tire after the rebates. I got eagle gt's, very happy with them so far on the highway (san antonio and back), heavy rain, and dirt/gravel roads.

Just something to consider...

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
I don't think the brand makes much difference; all tires are good nowadays.
I bought the tires for my wife's car for the soft ride. It was a good choice for her car.
I use skinny high profile tires on my Jeep for the good gas mileage, ride and snow performance.
Do you want the best skidpad performance that will shake your fillings loose? Best all-weather? Longest life? High speed? Quiet?
I hate to sound like a tire salesman but.....What are you looking for? How much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Anyone have Saab'xperience running Fuzion tires? Good, bad or indifferent?

Muchas Gracias! (that's be 'ta' for some) :cheesy:
I got "Fuzion HRi" that came with my vert

They get very loud as they wear out, and seem to wear fast (somewhat). Otherwise seem okay (no belts tearing out).

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
cheap 'budget' tyres as they are referred to usually in uk don't usually have as much tread when new so obviously don't last (mileage) as long as a dearer one, there are 'better one's but if that's a;; you can afford that's it, up until a few years ago you would but 'remoulds' but were not to good at high speed and sometimes failed

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome info...thanks much folks! 900t, that is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for ;ol;

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've run Falken tires on several different cars. They're mid range performance tires and are (or were at least) pretty affordable. You're looking for all season type tho right? For snow fun? I tend to agree with Mr. Mesthene... I don't think there are more than a dozen tire plants in the world. It's kinda like oil refineries. Just a few make all the tires and fuel on Muvver Earff. Technology being what it is and after debacles like the Firestone / Explorer blow out law suits, manufacturers take a little more care nowadays. Like 2.0ster said... Get the ones that trip your trigger and run the hawg sweat out of em.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welp, went ahead and grabbed them. They have about 400 miles on them and they came neatly wrapped in SPG 3 spokes to boot. :cool: Have to see how they ride compared to the Yoko's that are on there now...pretty sure I'm going to be happier with the wheels over the directionals.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
OOh, very jealous on your scoring my favorite saab wheel.
One day I'll find a set (at a price I like...)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OOh, very jealous on your scoring my favorite saab wheel.
One day I'll find a set (at a price I like...)
I was very happy with the price :cool:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a '92 Turbo with 210K miles on it. It had Fuzion HRi tires, 195/60HR-15, about 2/3 worn when I bought the car last January. Different experience than 900T! The tires are nice and quiet, as well as riding great! Most comfortable, best operating C900 I've had (out of 13). My red SPG is #2. Vern

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a '92 Turbo with 210K miles on it. It had Fuzion HRi tires, 195/60HR-15, about 2/3 worn when I bought the car last January. Different experience than 900T! The tires are nice and quiet, as well as riding great! Most confortable, best operating C900 I've had (out of 13). My red SPG is #2. Vern
Awesome! ;ol; I'm going to scrub up these rims and swap out the wheels tomorrow I think. Anything to help me with procrastinating on the real job of pulling the fascia and instrument cluster on the 84 :lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Goodyear Eagles

About 6 years ago I had a set of Gooyear Eagles on my wife's PT Cruiser that had tread separation with only 12,000 miles on them. I had all 4 replaced and have never used Goodyears since. She complained about a slapping noise on the front of the car. An 8" section of tread on the left front had separated from the steel belt. The tire store said they occassionally saw tread separation on Goodyear Eagles, so watch them closely.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Having sold tires as part of my shop duties in my college years, I have learned to appreciate the newer coding systems the US uses for tires. Need to keep in mind, more tread life, higher inflation pressure and tread pattern can all contribute higher noise levels heard in the cabin. Also consider your normal driving weather. South of here (Washington State) rain performance might not be as important as tread life, or even farther south, heat resistance. In the tire failures mentioned previously, production lots or just a wrong mating of driving habits/inflation pressures and vehicle/tire harmonics could be major factors. As we all know by now, every one always checks tire pressures weekly, and never deviates from recommended tires provided by the car manufacturer:roll:.

BTW looks like a great deal, happy driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts