SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently bought my wife a 900 vert but the roof is broken, so today i,ve bought another vert that has been in a crash but has a good roof the only prob' is the roof has gone mouldy and i have scrubbed it to try and get it clean, so has any one got any tips on getting it really clean and keeping it clean and supple?

cheers

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
There are a number of different "systems" that you can use - I'm in the process of trying all of them as I need to.

Renovo: consists of a cleaner, restorer/reviver, and waterproofer. My review of Renovo - overpriced. The cleaner worked alright. The restorer works very well, making the top very black again. The UltraProofer repels water in a light mist, but once it's wet - it's wet.

303: There is 303 Convertible Top and Fabric cleaner, and 303 Fabric Protector. I use both on all the Sunbrella canvas on my boat and love it. Will be doing the Saab's top next week with these products. A little pricey, but not anywhere near the Renovo!

Raggtopp: Haven't used these yet, but hear fairly good reviews on it.

If I were you, I would get the 303 products - just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Most important thing is to use a very weak detergent and a soft brush and clean the roof thoroughly, then rinse it off. Then apply a fabric conditioning product (Autoglym do one, so does Comma), which should remove more stains.
Then, test a SMALL area with a vinyl/plastic protectant such as ArmorAll on the plastic, rub it in and give it two coats. If it dries clear - and not leaving white swirls - then it will be fine for the rest of the roof. Then when you clean the car again, wash the roof just in warm water and not shampoo. It will last longer. If you ever get bird droppings on the roof, wash it off ASAP as the acid in the droppings eats through the surface like mad.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts