SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I figured out why my clutch hydraulics kept failing on me. When I finally ordered the pressure bleeder and tried to pressurize the system, it wouldn't even make it to 5psi and would lose pressure if you wiggled the resivoir. So I popped the resivoir off and sure enough, the seals are totally shot.

I ordered a brake master rebuild kit and now that it was finally warm enough to try and put the seals on I gave it a shot today.

I could manage to get the seals into the cylinder, or onto the resivoir...but not both. It's a real tight fit and I couldn't manage to get the resivoir on despite all my pushes, wiggling and swearing.

So I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of trick to it....I hope. If anyone's got any tips or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Maybe it's still just too cold, but I'm kind of anxious to get this thing done. :lol:

Hopefully this will keep the pressure up in the system so I won't have to replace the master and the brake booster...and if this works, that means my poor neglected 900 will be back on the road. :cheesy:

TIA

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
Put the seals in the cylinder body, lube the pegs of the reservoir with brake fluid.

Push. Hard. A bit harder. Harder still. It'll go eventually.

Just don't damage the reservoir :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The only car I've ever changed the reservoir was my diesel Mercedes. After soaking the seals in brake fluid, I put them against the master cylinder and applied a steady pressure to press the reservoir in. And wiggled it a bit. The reason is that if I tried to shove in I would break the tank. Just take your time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts