SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my poor t25

So I have been posting about having trouble reaching fuel cut and such even w/ the wga unplugged. Well I took off my pre turbo housing and saw that every blade in my turbo had a knick out of each one probably from the mystery object that fell into my intake. Could possibly be the source of my boost problems? Would damaged blades on the fan cause a noticable performance decrease? If so, it may be a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the turbo works by having a close tolarance between the spinning turbine and the housing, if your turbine is bamaged then it will not be able to move as much air as i should so it looks looks like you need a new turbo and a filter to stop it happening again

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boxman said:
the turbo works by having a close tolarance between the spinning turbine and the housing, if your turbine is bamaged then it will not be able to move as much air as i should so it looks looks like you need a new turbo and a filter to stop it happening again
The foreign object was stupidity on my part. I had a bycicle bar end plugging up the intake when I put on my bov. It had a mecanism that goes inside the pipe, and you tighten a bolt so it plugs the hole securely. Well over time the mecanism that clamps to the inside of the intake piping loosened and fell into the turbo. I felt like an idiot, but now i discovered the toll it did on my turbo.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
You need a new turbo wheel at the very least.

Weren't you thinking of getting a TD04?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
damage

What happened to it after it went through the turbo? Is it stuck in the intercooler?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Si said:
What happened to it after it went through the turbo? Is it stuck in the intercooler?
I suppose I have to take it off and check it out. There wasnt a bolt afterall, maybe it just got chopped up a lot. I will check it out. How hard is it to take off the from bumper?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Si said:
If Julian has the stock IC, then the mystery bicycle part is probably stuck inside. Talk about dodging the bullet... LOL!

I would take that turbo out and send it off to be rebuilt "toot sweet"! Alhough I have not been working on this particular car for very long, judging by other experience, this is something bad just waiting to happen. The turbo is probably well out of balance, and binding in its bearings when it tries to make boost.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PMI said:
If Julian has the stock IC, then the mystery bicycle part is probably stuck inside. Talk about dodging the bullet... LOL!

I would take that turbo out and send it off to be rebuilt "toot sweet"! Alhough I have not been working on this particular car for very long, judging by other experience, this is something bad just waiting to happen. The turbo is probably well out of balance, and binding in its bearings when it tries to make boost.
It seemed to spin smooth as can be. To be honest, many of you may cringe, but I have put 6-8k on the car since i happened ;oops: I was just too lazy to check it out. But I am off to school in 3 day where I will have my saab. Good thing I am good at saving my money and I wont be in the "poor college student" classification. I will start trying to research what I need for the td04 when I get there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts