SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for a while now i have been contemplating whether or not to tint the red portion of the rear lights to match the dark/black portion, i have never tinted lights before but i know the general idea on how to do it, i was wondering if anyone has attempted this before, i think it would look really nice with it all being tinted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree.. does anyone have any good methods of tinting rear lights to make them look good (even, smooth, dark, professional aka not crappy and tacky). I'd like to do this to my car too but I'd be worried about how it effects the brightness of my brake lights/legality of it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i know the method, from what i have read basically what you do is first wet sand the portion of the light you want to tint to give the paint something to stick too, then mask off what you dont want to spray. Then spray a few light coats on to get it to the darkness you want, then wet sand again to remove any imperfections. It sounds simple enough but the hard part is matching the top and bottom, do they sell laminx lay overs for the 9000??

·
Registered
658 Posts
there is a product called " night shades" that is made for doing just this (tinting headlights/tailights) after you tint them you should give it a light sanding with emery or krocus cloth... i'll send you some pics of my car i used it on...you can pick up this product from summit racing i'm sure jegs would have it also...good luck be patient

1 - 5 of 5 Posts