SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about tinting my 07 9-3 SC. My previous car (a Honda CRV-EX) was tinted nicely to complement it's silver color. I used to call it the silver bullet. That is, before I met my new and improved silver bullet. Only mine's in Titan Grey. Anybody have any suggestions where to go, what you've done, or possibly even some pics to share?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't want to appear as a bit of a bugger, but I've already tried that method and there is no succinct thread on tinting that I see. Just a lot of threads mentioning the word tint. Is it really that difficult to start a recommendation thread?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
hmmm...it's hard to associate a CRV with a bullet. sorry, but nothing about it looks or feels like one. with that out of the way, i went with 40% Llumar brand charcoal tint. apparently the stock glass is slightly darker than most cars, so the 35% that i wanted would be under the legal limit in NC. my glass meters at 37.0%. had i gone with 35%, it would have metered at 32%. even though 35% is the legal limit, they will pass 33% through DOT inspection, but nothing less.

as much as i wanted something like 20%, it just doesn't seem worth the trouble of getting caught and fined or having to find a hookup for inspection every year. one of my friends got caught within the first week after getting 20% put on. so not only did he have a fine to pay, he had to pay to have it removed and reapplied...uh, no thanks. here's mine...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/422295

the last four exterior pictures are after tinting.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
inyrmnd said:
Don't want to appear as a bit of a bugger, but I've already tried that method and there is no succinct thread on tinting that I see. Just a lot of threads mentioning the word tint. Is it really that difficult to start a recommendation thread?
Succinct? you want succinct in Saab Central...LOL

Start here, http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99931&highlight=window+tint

lots of opinions, it all comes down to personal choice. I would suggest just going by a local shop or two and seeing what they have to offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts