SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the bentley it says/shows that the timing marks on the flywheel should be at "0" and tdc mark,(and sprockets on marks) when removing head, but i found on our auto, that there is no timing mark as shown, but there is a 35-40mm slot with like timing marks(raised lines)in the casting, at 90% to face, so took this as the tdc mark, but also there is a marker peg about 35mmm infront of the 0 -5-10-etc timing marks, which lines up with the TDC? mark when the sprockets are in line, so took this as all ok. but is the timing markings? set up different on a manual than the auto
I know tdc and the rest is standard never mind auto or manual etc, but is this i discrepancy in the bentley, or was it altered later on.
Thanks in anticipation for info
If you need a photo i will try and get one uploaded(always failed before??);oops: :cheesy:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
The flex plate that replaces the flywheel on automatics has different looking timing marks. 0 is still 0.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
jim, thanks for reply, but i still don't have the marks like in the book, and the "PIN" is what is lining up with this "MARK", but the "0" does line up virtually on the start of the 35mm cut out on housing. (see e.mail)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts