SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, everythings up and running , on me 1998 2.3 T 9-5 , auto.

got red injectors , TD04 turbo, i`ve ported out the exhaust in on the turbo , ported out the exhaust manifold , and have a 3 inch dump pipe to the cat, and pod air filter.

what would be the most hp i can gain from this setup ? maybe reliably , and not so reliably .. :)

mark

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Just guesswork figures, but 270bhp is achievable fairly safely, after that its more a gearbox/torque issue. One thing is for certain and thats any tuning you do WILL find any weak spots you have so expect little niggling faults.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i would say if you get a decent intercooler like the ets one or maptun one 300hp is easily within reach. i would say with what you have 270-280 as well, but 300if you ask for a company that can make custom maps to tune on the more aggressive side. from what i've gathered, the autos a lot stronger than many think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
What you really need to focus on is the Nm torque gains.
A typical 'stage 3' setup from any tuning house will yield over 420Nm. Should blow the doors off an SS or M5 and give them a real fright.
Whether your auto can handle it is another matter. The 4 speeder is not up to it long term whereas the 5 speeder Aisin is, MY02 onwards. Change the fluid in it often. Maptun, Abbott, Nordic, It's all in the ECU mapping, not so much the hardware for these cars. Mind you the down pipe should help a fair bit to get the most out of the mapping changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts