SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised myself that next time I need to replace my air filter I will spend a little extra for some aftermarket performance. Now the question in Opti-Flow or drop in filter. I have read countless posts on both and there does not seem to be a big berformance advantage either way, mostly a sound difference. (Please correct me if I am wrong) So for the owners of both options:

1) Do you have any regrets?

2) If you had it to do over again would you make the same decision? Why?

3) Anything else I should know.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's a sound issue. I started off with a JR drop-in filter and got rid of it because it wasn't loud enough; I wanted to really hear the factory dump valve and the Optiflow did that.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yeah, I really think this is more of a sound issue too... I personally LOVE my JR but I think its b/c I dont have to worry about it as much as the opti-flow (water/sensors) and its prob just about as much performance upgrade (if any) and the sound is still improved... judgement call. Go with your gut and you'll be happy

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'll get the Forge BOV in a week or two... I'm hoping that, when combined with the Optiflow, it'll sound really nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts