SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha. sorry once again. But is this going to cost me a lot? I turn on my car this morning to go to work, and it says "Time to service" on my stereo area.

Just wondering what this usually is, and if i should worry about it, because i can't get my car into a saab mechanic, until... next week. I'm working 7 days! next week. bleh =(

~Mike

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
What's your mileage?

If the mileage is close or over what Saab recommends for a major service, then this message you're getting is similar to the EXH light in the earlier 900's, which could be turned off by a switch under the dash panel. I would check with saabsite.com , he usually has very comprehensive answers to basically all your questions... possibly including how to turn off the panel warning.

It's nothing to worry about, depending on your mileage it will be something like filters, oil, belt checks, etc. Depending on your dealer, it could be pricey :(

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah i have 41,7xx miles on my car.
Before i bought the car, i got a pre-purchase inspection, and the mechanic said that i should change my Serpertine Belt at 50k. but i'm 9,000 miles off.

i don't know, we'll see.
As long as it is nothing to worry about. I will probably get my car serviced within 2 weeks.

oh, and i have to get the backlights replaced, because i'm missing the top left buttons, just the first 2. everything else is fine. I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but if it's free under warrenty, then i would do it =)

~MIke

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
TIME FOR SERVICE will appear on SID exactly one year later than the last service or 600 miles short of the 12K service interval. A service in the UK will cost anything from £200 - £500 depending on whether its a major or interim service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts