SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salutations forum!

I have a short and simple question this time. Has anyone in Southern California had to have a key made/cut (for a '94-'98 900) by a locksmith without having the key code? Or original owner's manual? I ordered two blanks from Ebay and need to get them cut. The dealer was of no real help because they insisted that I bring the vehicle in (e.g.: I have the vehicle stored in a relative's garage some 50 miles away). Any feedback or leads would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Salutations forum!

I have a short and simple question this time. Has anyone in Southern California had to have a key made/cut (for a '94-'98 900) by a locksmith without having the key code? Or original owner's manual? I ordered two blanks from Ebay and need to get them cut. The dealer was of no real help because they insisted that I bring the vehicle in (e.g.: I have the vehicle stored in a relative's garage some 50 miles away). Any feedback or leads would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
Not in Southern California:)

I had a 94 900s key cut straight from the existing one by a locksmith here in Melbourne Australia and it worked fine.

So it is possible.

Cost $45.00 but:(

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Some dealers have a key machine. Mine cut mine from the old key with no questions about a VIN or having the car there.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
When I ordered a key, the dealer needed to see just the title, not the car. They had to order it and cut remotely. It took about 3 days. This was just for the key and not the fobs since I don't use them. If you get a new fob, the car needs to be programmed to accept it... Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts