SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My amp1 was fried when a tow truck tried to jump my car while the battery was dead.

Anyways, after much procrastination, I finally went ahead and bypassed the amp on my own. Unfortunately, however, after successfully bypassing the amp (I believe), it still won't work. That is, the radio/CD player won't power on and there's no sound from the turn signal.

I've decided that it is worth just buying a new or used amp1 altogether, but I don't want to buy one just to find out that I need to fix something else. When the tow truck fried the amp, could he possibly have damaged something else, which is why the bypass didn't work?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Similar Issue

Keep me posted...I've been having the same issue with my turn signals, radio/cd/ aux...some days it works fine, and some days it doesn't

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you bypassed it correctly then it should work. This seems to indicate there is something wrong with your fiber optic cables or something else, like the head unit. Look at the harness that meets amp1 and check if there is a red light shining out of the fiber optic cable. If there is no light, then your fiber optic cable is messed up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you bypassed it correctly then it should work. This seems to indicate there is something wrong with your fiber optic cables or something else, like the head unit. Look at the harness that meets amp1 and check if there is a red light shining out of the fiber optic cable. If there is no light, then your fiber optic cable is messed up.
Sorry but im not nearly a wiz like you. Is it possible to send a picture or steps of where exactly the fiberoptic cable is located..also how do you bypass, and hypothetically once its bypassed why not just leave it that way if it works?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I first plugged it in after bypassing, there was a red light from the fiber optic cable. It's no longer there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If my fiberoptic cable isn't showing any light, does that mean I can just replace amp1 or do I have to replace the whole damn fiberoptic bus?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts