SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
Well, its time for some troubleshooting again, it seems my car loves trouble!:lol:
I have searched a lot on my problem, and found different answers every time.

My trouble now is:
It really feels like my boost is lower than it should be. It feels like i have to give it more gas to make it accelerate like it used to. And it really feels weak when driving uphill.

Untill now i have:
* Checked it for codes at a local SAAB dealer = no codes.
* Checked the turbo = very good
* Checked all vacuum hoses = switched everyone with new ones, no leak.
* CPS is new.
* Fuel pump + fuel filter almost new. New 1500 kilometers ago.
* Bypass valve have been tested with a new one, still the same.
* Throtlebody checked and cleaned.
* Sparkplugs and DI cassette brand new.
* No open air filter.
* Plugged the "get your lost boost back hose" - didn`t work either.

Hmm, might be some other things i have also tried, but i can`t remember at the moment.
Anyone got any ideas to try?
How do i check my wastegate if its broken?
Are there any other sensors i can check that might give me this problem?
The engine loads up to 0.4bar uphill on 2nd and 3rd gear. On a straight level road it loads 0.6bar easy. But it should load 1.0bar, S.parts stage 1 kit.
Except this, the car runs perfect!:p

I can post picts if that would help?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Boost Pressure Valve? Also check the rod that connects the turbo to the wastegate. The clip could be missing for the connecting rod to the wastgate.

·
Registered
693 Posts
There's a sensor located in the IC on my 99 95. I can only guess it measures pressure or air temperature in the IC and passes this data to the ECU via the MAF. Perhaps you have one in yours as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a sensor located in the IC on my 99 95. I can only guess it measures pressure or air temperature in the IC and passes this data to the ECU via the MAF. Perhaps you have one in yours as well.
Thx, I`ll check it out. But, is it on the left side or right side of the IC? I can`t remember seeing something like that on my IC, but i`ll look again;)

Boost Pressure Valve? Also check the rod that connects the turbo to the wastegate. The clip could be missing for the connecting rod to the wastgate.
Thx, I`ll check this out right now..Do these engines have something like a boost pressure guard?? (or what to call it) is that the sensor thing placed beside the alu-pipe towards the TB? I`ll post up some pict later. Maybe it could help:)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Thx, I`ll check it out. But, is it on the left side or right side of the IC? I can`t remember seeing something like that on my IC, but i`ll look again;)

Thx, I`ll check this out right now..Do these engines have something like a boost pressure guard?? (or what to call it) is that the sensor thing placed beside the alu-pipe towards the TB? I`ll post up some pict later. Maybe it could help:)
If you mean the Boost Pressure Valve it's located on the passenger side near the MAF with the 3 Vac. hoses coming out of it and the electrical connector on top. Check those hoses as well to make sure their connected or not damaged; the one you’re referring to is the bypass valve. The wastegate and rod is located behind the front heat shield under the exhaust manifold. The rod should be connected to the turbo with a small clip to hold it in place, sometimes over time these clips break.
http://www.thesaabsite.com/shop/search.php?MaxCount=10&gogo=2&extra=9175290&myCat1=z

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx for the reply.
I have now checked all 3 hoses, and all hoses in/out of the turbo. They all seemed perfectly good. But the clip were actually gone, so i installed a new one. Didn`t do any difference.
I also checked some other sensors, cleaned them and installed them again. Still no difference.
Maybe my boost control valve is ready to be changed?
Could this happen if my cat. is full of old **** or broken?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
thx for the reply.
I have now checked all 3 hoses, and all hoses in/out of the turbo. They all seemed perfectly good. But the clip were actually gone, so i installed a new one. Didn`t do any difference.
I also checked some other sensors, cleaned them and installed them again. Still no difference.
Maybe my boost control valve is ready to be changed?
Could this happen if my cat. is full of old **** or broken?
You say the Cat. is broken? Did you pull off the MAF to see if it's clean when you do make sure you iistall it in the correct direction.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Try Pulling the ECU Fuse (17) and resetting the ECU maybe it was a safety kick in or adaption issue.

There is a Boost Pressure Valve back along the firewall near the Throttle body that will limit boost as well

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Try Pulling the ECU Fuse (17) and resetting the ECU maybe it was a safety kick in or adaption issue.

There is a Boost Pressure Valve back along the firewall near the Throttle body that will limit boost as well
Do you hav a pic of the other Boost valve on the firewall? I can't find that on my EPC.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I`ll try this. Thx!

You say the Cat. is broken? Did you pull off the MAF to see if it's clean when you do make sure you iistall it in the correct direction.
No its not broken, but could this problem happen if it were broken? (broken as in full of old s.hit)
I have taken off the MAF and cleaned it, installed it in the right direction too ;)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I`ll try this. Thx!

No its not broken, but could this problem happen if it were broken? (broken as in full of old s.hit)
I have taken off the MAF and cleaned it, installed it in the right direction too ;)
I doubt that that cat could be clogged most cat's out live the life of the car. Mine did the same thing when I first got it. I did some of the things you've already done. I had t replace the clip as well aan all the vacume hoses. I changed the plugs as well; when I got the plugs they said that the plugs were pre gapped. When I took them out to check all the plugs didn't have the same gap; I re-gapped them and my problem went away.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Tried pulling out fuse 17 to reset the ecu. Didn`t help either. When i took the car for a testdrive last time, it felt like it really doesn`t like to be below 1700rpms. Why?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i am having a prob with my 9-5 with power but i think its more of an air/fuel problem. if its a tuned car sometimes the o2 sensors can go bad/read wrong even if it doesn't trip a code. im believe at least one of mine is bad due to crappy gas millage and it feels really doggy. im gonna switch them out and see what happens. maybe that could be an issue on your car as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts