SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am pertty new to Saab and i have a 1999 9-3 Saab. I change a new battery last week and after I installed the new battery the time for service warning was on. I just change the oil the week before. So I wonder what would trigger this warning? any ideas?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
zidjan said:
Hi guys I am pertty new to Saab and i have a 1999 9-3 Saab. I change a new battery last week and after I installed the new battery the time for service warning was on. I just change the oil the week before. So I wonder what would trigger this warning? any ideas?
If it's the warning on the SID display, that is automatic to remind you to change your oil. Just hold down the "clear button" until it goes away. It will beep once saying it cleared the current readings but keep holding it down until it beeps at you a 2nd time. It will come back on when it "thinks" it's time to service again.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's a bunch.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Please remember that there is much more to "service" than just changing the oil.

The inspection is the primary thing, this includes the entire vehicle, and should be done on a annual basis...
And a good experienced DIY can do this..:cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts