SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace stock units. Suggestions appreciated as well as the question of getting new springs or stick w/originals? Ride isn't bad, although I feel the rear taking the bumps a little harder than say 5K ago. No swaying to the side as others have experienced w/bumps.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It's too bad you just missed out on the 20% off koni products... from what everyone has said the FSD's are amazing replacements!

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's too bad you just missed out on the 20% off koni products... from what everyone has said the FSD's are amazing replacements!
Yes I've heard of those FSD's for some time now. One thing that concerns me is getting the car back w/the alignment dead on like it is now. Nothing bothers me more than getting a car back from a job like this and as soon as you let go of the wheel there it goes left or right.

My steering is arrow straight and my tires wear evenly all around. Is there any alignment numbers to go by on these cars, camber etc.? I hear shims being mentioned at times as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The FSDs are really nice. I installed them a few months ago when they went on sale. My ride height is quite a bit lower, not from different springs, but age. My camber up front is spot on, but the rear is off. I have shims arriving tomorrow so I can put them in and get new tires. The site where I ordered the shims said they aim for -1 for camber in the rear. That's also what my alignment guy said to shoot for. Good luck.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The FSDs are really nice. I installed them a few months ago when they went on sale. My ride height is quite a bit lower, not from different springs, but age. My camber up front is spot on, but the rear is off. I have shims arriving tomorrow so I can put them in and get new tires. The site where I ordered the shims said they aim for -1 for camber in the rear. That's also what my alignment guy said to shoot for. Good luck.
Good to know although from the reviews I read on Tirerack w/the FSD's is their ride height actually increased, which probably would settle down over time. But I wouldn't like it for any amount of time..........wouldn't look right for sure on this car.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
shocks, unless totally blown, should have no affect on ride height, that is dictated by the springs....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts