SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My budget is very tight now after buying spax adjustable shocks, aquamist water injection, 5th injector controller, msd boost timer, a few gearboxes etc etc.

So now I'm basically stuck with the original intercooler, and as I have two of them, should I put both of them into the same engine? The first would work as a heatsink while the latter would actually try to cool the intake air...

Or is there too much pressure drop? I have one with plastic end tanks and one full-aluminum IC. I am aiming at 1.3-1.5 bars boost.

-John

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Personally i would probably leave things well alone,
Ive heard of people running two stock i/s's in parallel but tbh i think for the level of performance your going for the stock i/c combined with water injection will be a good set-up.
The stock i/c whilst being reasonable in terms of flow is not very efficient in terms of cooling the charge temps - with two coupled together i think you would then start to encounter flow problems with quite a restrictive flowpath (increasing lag and slowing throttle response) with some nasty bends in it to get both to hook up together.

Pete.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Have a look at my install in this forum, I picked up all the parts for £30 inc all the pipes (volvo 850)

Or pete's well documented install using an IC from the volvo 700 series :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts