SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my JSP exhaust welded up at a local metal fabrication shop and started discussing with the fabricator (awesome welder) about doing a simple brace which would go from the subframe to the rear of the car.

The reason is that in my car being a convertible, I have stiffened the front as much as I can and the rear is additionally braced from the factory along with Konis at full firm all the time. However, the middle is just as floppy as before and really is even more obvious with the added stiffness at each end. If I jack one side of the car up, I can't open the doors... That pretty much sums it up.

So, I know that you could tie that chassis long brace into the subframe easily but what about a tie in spot in the rear of the car? Is this even feasible or is my theory not practically sound?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Look at the bottom of an audi, they have these tensile rods from front to back, and youre right, these cars feel very flexy in the centers, even with a hardtop. I'd advise a similar system, as I said, when you get the chance take a look at an audi vert.
-Cm

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is kind of what I had in mind, but everything in the center would be removable. I know what I have to do for the brace itself, but I am trying to find a solid mounting point in the rear which is what I need help on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts