SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a strange rapid ticking noise from the area below the passenger airbag. its only audible when in neutral or when making hard right turns slowly. I've noticed that (in neutral anyway) pulling the gear lever towards the driver seat a half inch or so, stops the ticking. obviously its nothing drastic but now I know its there its becoming very annoying. I know its a long shot but has anyone had a similar problem / got a fix?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator ticks on my Aero, audible at idle when hot. It sounds like it comes from behind the passenger side airbag.

Hard right turns might indicate a CV joint starting to go but this wouldn't happen at idle.

The gear shift is a mystery, maybe if you have an automatic shift moving the lever causes some switch to trigger a relay. If a manual shift I'm stumped on that one, there is no switch on the shifter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dean O -

i got the same prob but it happens intermittently when i turn the key and start the car, im thinkin it might be due to my heater core and coolant dripping to the passenger floor and might have gotten some fluid in the fuse box area. i will try and see if i can get the fusebox out this weekend and see if there is some type of evidence fluid got in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts