SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just got my 9-3 and when i took it out to wash the whole lower lip is scratched pretty bad and their is a cut that opened up. this car hasnt been driven since i got it, and we for sure did not park anywhere that could have damaged the car. i feel pissed as my parents go out, spend their money, buy me a car, and bam we get a damaged car. got it from sewell saab in dallas and they were kinda fishy about it. they told they shipped the car from plano but it ends up the car was shipped from cali, and didnt repair any of the things i told them to during pre delivery. also dissapointed with the saab paint quality, theres orange red spots all over the paint and various bubbles and quality problems with the paint. i was so happy about my car now pissed. sorry had to vent and have no idea what to do as the whole front lip is damaged.

·
Registered
588 Posts
mohooba93 said:
they told they shipped the car from plano but it ends up the car was shipped from cali, and didnt repair any of the things i told them to during pre delivery.
Ummmm......this sums it up right here. If they didn't repair any of the things you asked for, then you shouldn't have accepted it or handed over any money.

I don't know how many cars you have bought in the past, but this seems fishy to me. Moving on from here though, you might want to start with a polite phone call (or your parents) inquiring about this. If you haven't driven it and your parents can vouch for this, it would be a lot better.

If that doesn't work, then you get nasty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did u get in on ebay or online and when it was shipped it was f__ed up??? If so that sucks.
I was going to buy my used 06 9-3 online and then got nevous about spending 20k on a car on line. photos alway look better then the real deal. Hopefully you can get it fixed pretty cheap at a good body shop. Look for a small shop, maybe someone will do it as a side job for cheap..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have to say my dealership was also pretty shady about the lower lip damage. This is the second car I have bought from that dealer; the first was a 92x. It was also the first new car I ever bought. It was delivered to me with a good sized dent in the door, that I dent catch until I got home. Pre inspection is so very important at the dealer.

I thought I learned my lesson about pre inspection, I found two decent scratches in my 9-3 aero before I agreed to take it. They fixed the scratches about a week later after I bought the car. I was so excited all the paint problems were taken care of I didn't notice until I was waxing the car later the dealer had killed a curb with the lower lip while it was out for paint repair. They then refused to pay for the damage. Mine isn't too bad though you have to kind of look under it to see the damage.

Just look at it this way you won’t feel so bad about doinking a curb yourself.

They did take care of all the squeaks and rattles at 4000 miles though so it more than makes up for I think.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joemama said:
Ummmm......this sums it up right here. If they didn't repair any of the things you asked for, then you shouldn't have accepted it or handed over any money.

I don't know how many cars you have bought in the past, but this seems fishy to me. Moving on from here though, you might want to start with a polite phone call (or your parents) inquiring about this. If you haven't driven it and your parents can vouch for this, it would be a lot better.

If that doesn't work, then you get nasty.
i didnt find out was from cali till i started cleaning the car and found the original sticker and it was from sherman oaks, ca. we have bought many new cars before. all three of our cadillacs well two since i sold the cts and previous cars were purchased new and inspected never came with damage. they said they repaired a scratch with all they could but i doubt they even touched it. they also said they put a new emblem on as the original had some with tape that wouldnt come off. he said he replaced it but when i saw it in the light yesterday they just took the tape off leaving the emblem dull. i sent the dealer an email telling him, and what was odd as i was looking at the car for defects before delivery and he said sarcastically "what did you find now undercarriage scratches." DAMN.

i felt reluctant buying the car as he was kinda like pushing to get the car off the lot asap as if he was hiding something. we gave him the benefit of the doubt and saw how professional the dealership was, we doubted they would pull something like this. we have had bad experiences with saab dealerships in houston and i guess we were just hoping for a better experience. another compromising situation was the delivery was at night as we had to get back to houston, so we were short on time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've dealt with Sewell before as well. They are without a doubt the most honorable people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with in the car business. I suggest calling and calmy explaining what's going on and they will make it right. The car may have indeed come from Plano, but came from California before that. I have the utmost faith they will handle it the right way. If you doubt me, google Carl Sewell and see what you find. His family runs car dealerships the right way and his book on how to treat customes is the bible in the retail and service industry. Give them a chance...I think they will do the right thing. I wish they were in Houston..as you know, performance just went out of business.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Sounds like you should have rejected it. We bought a car one time and there were some minute dents they were going to try dentless repair. I specifically told the dealer not to paint it because the dents were so small and unnoticable.....and they painted the car.

I left the car, title and keys in their parking lot and walked. They ended up shipping in a brand new model with the exact same option package.

Sounds like your car was repainted because Saab uses state of the art paint systems. They are known for the exterior fit and finish. The two Saab's we've owned had deep pigment flawless paint jobs that looked almost wet.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TXTurbo said:
I've dealt with Sewell before as well. They are without a doubt the most honorable people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with in the car business. I suggest calling and calmy explaining what's going on and they will make it right. The car may have indeed come from Plano, but came from California before that. I have the utmost faith they will handle it the right way. If you doubt me, google Carl Sewell and see what you find. His family runs car dealerships the right way and his book on how to treat customes is the bible in the retail and service industry. Give them a chance...I think they will do the right thing. I wish they were in Houston..as you know, performance just went out of business.

I'm sure they do I had a great dealer experience and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. They were honest, though I feel like they left out some details of the car.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DanS said:
Sounds like you should have rejected it. We bought a car one time and there were some minute dents they were going to try dentless repair. I specifically told the dealer not to paint it because the dents were so small and unnoticable.....and they painted the car.

I left the car, title and keys in their parking lot and walked. They ended up shipping in a brand new model with the exact same option package.

Sounds like your car was repainted because Saab uses state of the art paint systems. They are known for the exterior fit and finish. The two Saab's we've owned had deep pigment flawless paint jobs that looked almost wet.
will getting a carfax help even though the car is brand new? I plan to take some pics of the red dots and random bubbles and defects in the paint and post them up. Unfortunately i couldnt see them when i picked it up, though when i brought the car outside during the day to clean the defects were very noticeable.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just to echo the general sentiment, I'm sure that all you have to do is let the dealer know about your concerns. I you are on the level, they will be too. Enjoy your SAAB, it is a nice car.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
definitely its a nice car much better made than the cts. i love all the useful features and i really do love the car, handles wonderfully, and the interior is very comfortable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
do you not think, if you had to pay the car yourself, with your own, very, very hard earned $$$, you would have done a more thorough delivery inspection and would not be so angry right now?

i would also like to know, if in your code of morals a decent and honorable man would have accepted such a valuable present from his parents.

on a sidenote:
regardless of that, if you respect and love your parents, you will try to reward their commitment with gratitude and modesty, take them out for dinner maybe, spend some time with them on christmas (rather than out in the town with your friends), and in every other way try to live up to their expectations.

do NOT show any signs of unhappiness about that car towards them. solve your problems alone, do not get your parents involved, and show no signs of discontentment about your car in any way!

so while i am totally sympathetic about your christmas present having some defects which should be followed up, i think for your parents and your own sake you should not have accepted such a big present in the first place. this would have saved you a lot of grievance. now the only thing left for you to do, is try to keep your parents away from your troubles and solve your problems yourself!

·
Registered
759 Posts
bauklo said:
do you not think, if you had to pay the car yourself, with your own, very, very hard earned $$$, you would have done a more thorough delivery inspection and would not be so angry right now?

i would also like to know, if in your code of morals a decent and honorable man would have accepted such a valuable present from his parents.

on a sidenote:
regardless of that, if you respect and love your parents, you will try to reward their commitment with gratitude and modesty, take them out for dinner maybe, spend some time with them on christmas (rather than out in the town with your friends), and in every other way try to live up to their expectations.

do NOT show any signs of unhappiness about that car towards them. solve your problems alone, do not get your parents involved, and show no signs of discontentment about your car in any way!

so while i am totally sympathetic about your christmas present having some defects which should be followed up, i think for your parents and your own sake you should not have accepted such a big present in the first place. this would have saved you a lot of grievance. now the only thing left for you to do, is try to keep your parents away from your troubles and solve your problems yourself!
Well said.:roll:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bauklo said:

on a sidenote:

please dont speak on behalf of who bought the car or morals as i paid for 3/4 the difference between my old car and the 9-3. I inspected the car very thoroughly but stupidly just checked the side undercarriages rather than the front as i thought the front lip was too high to scratch. i think you should stay away from threads if you only plan to try to act like a smart *** with your comments. i was looking for a suggestion on what i should do not an in depth coverage of what you think happened. dont say i dont show gratitude towards my parents as that is one of the reasons my parents helped me out to buy this car. thats the comment that pissed me off the most as you are talking about something you have no idea about. i dont even know why im trying to prove anything as your post with your attitude shows that you already think of me as you want to.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Swedish Bullet said:
Just to echo the general sentiment, I'm sure that all you have to do is let the dealer know about your concerns. I you are on the level, they will be too. Enjoy your SAAB, it is a nice car.
i contacted the dealer yesterday afternoon though he has not contacted me yet.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
OK...if this is a new car, then shouldn't warranty should cover paint jobs and the like. It is an '07 and the paint job should be covered? Also, as you are in a sunny and warm climate, and relatively clean, logic should dictate that lower bumper lips don't get scratched like that. :)

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
even if paint is covered, matching titan gray will be difficult i believe. i really love this car but feel bad whenever i see the defects.

·
Registered
97 Posts
purchased my car from sewell in plano and it was the best experience i have ever had and continue to have. they did not have the car i wanted so they did a dealer trade from chicago which probably what happened to you explaining the papers u found, this is not uncommon. i would get the paperwork from the point of pick up and delivery and check for the damage report which is filled out and signed for each trip, but i think ultimately the responsibilty lies at the destination-parents i think, but the trucking company and dealer are off the hook since it was not inspected upon delivery. but since sewell is a great, they may repair but i would not feel comfortable asking them to do it since there are too many variables and lack of complete delivery inspecton.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the lower lip of the car wil get scratched regardless. when i bought my car, there was yellow paint on the lower lip...which my local dealership took off for me free of charge. then when my car was in the shop for a new fender, they also repainted my lower lip...and since then, there have been many new scratches. matching titan grey will not be difficult because itll have the paint code. a body shop will not eye the paint and paint it whatever color its closest to.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the sales manager called today and is sending a check for the damage and was apologetic that no one had contacted me back for more than a week. classy thing to do, i should have inspected the front lip when i went for delivery that was stupid on my part. i checked the side undercarriages but ignored the front lip as i thought it was to high, as i always heard people scratching aero front spoilers not regular front spoilers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.