SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost at the end of my hunt for vacuum leaks and throttle-related issues!

I got a used dashpot off eBay. My old one offered no resistance, but I could (obviously) set the TPS to click when the throttle closed.

This one offers more resistance, but I can't seem to get it set so it holds off the TPS but eventually lets it click.

Ever since I put this new one in, I've had pretty sluggish throttle response below 3000 rpm. Above 3k the car really takes off - I recently replaced the BOV and am still impressed with real boost. Getting to 3k can take a while, or at least a lot of forethought - I generally get the revs up to over 2000 before engaging the clutch.

Could this response problem be caused by the TPS not switching on and off when it's supposed to? I thought it was just part of getting the idle down to where it was supposed to be, which BTW it finally is.

If not, there are a couple other suspects, so I'm just hoping for somebody who understands the TPS or off-the-cuff ideas.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a lot of information. Turns out it's the little vacuum fitting just behind the throttle. The stub that connects to the valve cover breather hose snapped, and I've been covering the hole with electrical tape. Works great the first time I drive it, but then the old sluggishness comes back. Apparently, that fitting's different in my 1985 than in ensuing years. Unfortunately the Electronic Parts Catalog starts in 1986, so it's been a real PITA to get. I'm picking it up from the dealer tomorrow, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts