SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if its actually called the throttle cable or linkage or whatever, but ive noticed that cable that you can pull when the hood is up to rev the engine, that is linked to the gad pedal, or at least thats what pulls and makes it go....anyway i notice there is some slack in the cable and i was wondering if there is anyway to tighten the cable, and would it improve my throttle response??? It gives easily an inch down when pushed in the center lightly without moving that arm thing connecter, so it seems to me thered be some room to tighten it, but would this help acceleration or throttle response at all???

·
Registered
227 Posts
There should be some slack inthe cable. Make shure you don't have too much by having someone floor the gas pedal and see if the throtle is wide open aginst the stopper. As long as you can get wide open throttle your max power and throttle response won't be affected as the TPS is connected to the throttle body.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
They're all a bit slack at idle. Doesn't affect throttle response noticably, I mean foot hard down is foot hard down eh?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Does your car have TCS??

Does your car have the Traction Control System?? If it doe sthe cable is only a BACK-UP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 98 can this also cause the car to rev up. I know a vacuum hose can be an issue to but I just replaced mine which helped a lil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts