SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me a picture of how the throttle gas and cruise control linkages and their stops are placed on the throttle body on a 95 cse? If not, some diagram showing how they come together will also work, I think.

I removed the drive train of my 94cse fpt 5 speed two weeks ago to replace the clutch, front and rear seals and the timing chain guides. During engine removal, I couldn't separate the throttle cable from the cam linkage so I loosened the bolt on the throttle to remove the linkage. On the 95 mode, the cruise control cable linkage is also on the throttle so I removed that too.

Long story short, I put these two cable linkages not the way they were but I don't know what are the correct positions. Now the car idles around 2,200 rpm instead of 850 rpm. Ecerytime I start in 1st to go to second and third, the car actually revs down as I gain speed. It is embarrasing in stop and go traffic to have an engine racing to 2,200 rpm.

·
Registered
768 Posts
All i can remember of the cables,were the Accelerator cable comes in on the top side and the cruise control came in from the opposite side underneath, sorry.:roll:

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Here is my 93's, I believe that it's the same one. Hope it helps and sorry about the lousy angle.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the help. And thank you, Valbowski for taking the time to take the picture.

The 1993 is different. I know because even my two 94's are different. SAAB moved the cruise control cable, and the computer to the throttle in model year 95.

But, surprise! Driving home from work, the idle behaves much better. Taking it out again earlier, the idle became normal.

Now the lack of predictability also scares me.

Does anyone know how adatation works? Could my car have been going through ecu adaptation? It never happened to my two 94's. Althought I never removed the throttle linkage the way I did the 95 either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts