SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always had thoughts that my throttle body was a quick replacement job for the previous owner. It doesn't seem to have the correct nipples for the correct vacume hoses and i was wondering if i put on a TB from a NA if that would matter....

There are two on ebay now, one with a halsensor and one without... one is NA and one is turbo....

Let me know

ALso was wondering where to find braided oil lines (oil cooler feed and return and other random rotting hoses.)

THanks all, I've been away for a while, but it's almost mid summer here in the states, about time to throw some money into the saaby for fall, before i can't ride the motorcycle anymore!!!

TA_TA

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
What matters is whether a device gets vacuum from before or after the throttle plate. If you have a device that needs pre-TP vacuum, but have just one connector then put a tee in the vac line.

You could always drill the throttle body for an additional pneumatic fitting.

No hall sensors on throttle bodies AFAIK.

Hydraulic hoses can be purchased from any motorsport or hydraulic supplier.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Matthew said:
No hall sensors on throttle bodies AFAIK.
AFAIK? Has it been that long since I've been to the forums? wtf does that mean?

P.S delorean, your inbox is full, i tried to PM you...CLEAN IT OUT!!!:p

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
I think you also have to make sure the TB you put on has the correct TPS (throttle position switch) - I can't be sure - but I think there are about three different TPS setups which go with different ECU's

correct me if I'm wrong. :roll:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I think you're correct... Mine is so "botched up" that it doesn't even have the little nut on the side of the TB to adjust idle. wierd eh?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
any TB from a US model 900 turbo 85-93 will have the correct TPS, as LH 2.2 and LH 2.4 used the same TPS. the 2.4.2 that was used on 91-94 2.1 liter cars won't, and the bolting points on the TPS itself are not the same either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts