SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, now I know what limp home mode is like :eek: , and how to reset it :cheesy: (again, much thanks for all your posts!) I think my intermittent ""kangarooing" at highway speeds will be ok for a while - carb cleaner and a toothbrush, lots of carbon build up :roll: ...could lots of city driving be a contributor?

I am wondering if anyone has the correct part number for a throttle body for my 95:

1999 - 2.3L - Auto (NO TCS)

I've found ones on sites that have TCS listed on the descriptions.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
A dealer might try and convince you that a software reflash will cure the problem with a TB, but all it does is widen the parameters / tollerences of the thing...

A new one is the way forward if the TB is failing, and its simple - non dealer - no programming - DIY ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was the first limp home mode (i though the turbo blew up or something, I was soo worried)

here's what i've been experiencing - and after reading alot of the posts I think mine is on the outs...

1) maintaing speed on highways around 55-80mph it will start to kick and jump, revs go up and down a little - press on the gas and it goes away - again this was not all the time - more likely though in cool humid weather.

2) surges in power when I accellerate...and not just because of my lead foot!! just not as smooth as I remember - and sometimes really eager to kick down into a lower gear.

3) fuel economy, again, lead foot driver here, but it just really likes to suck down the fuel. had fuel filter changed, noticed improvement, still a bit thirsty i think.

4) when i cleaned the throttle body there was a good amount of build up this time, and I cleaned it out about 7 months ago, just before summer - and i dont't remember it being that dirty.

If it was summer, I'd replace it myself - it happens to be 25f degrees today and the snow is thick...
I just inquired if the TB from the link can be shipped to the USA and if they would still honor warrany.

thanks again!

·
Registered
93 Posts
rmd0197 said:
this was the first limp home mode (i though the turbo blew up or something, I was soo worried)

here's what i've been experiencing - and after reading alot of the posts I think mine is on the outs...

1) maintaing speed on highways around 55-80mph it will start to kick and jump, revs go up and down a little - press on the gas and it goes away - again this was not all the time - more likely though in cool humid weather.

2) surges in power when I accellerate...and not just because of my lead foot!! just not as smooth as I remember - and sometimes really eager to kick down into a lower gear.

3) fuel economy, again, lead foot driver here, but it just really likes to suck down the fuel. had fuel filter changed, noticed improvement, still a bit thirsty i think.

4) when i cleaned the throttle body there was a good amount of build up this time, and I cleaned it out about 7 months ago, just before summer - and i dont't remember it being that dirty.

If it was summer, I'd replace it myself - it happens to be 25f degrees today and the snow is thick...
I just inquired if the TB from the link can be shipped to the USA and if they would still honor warrany.

thanks again!
I had a same problem and It was quick fix for me. It's been about 2000+ miles and so far so good. check my post.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115218&highlight=throttle+body

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very interesting solution

thanks masteryong - I'm going to keep track of how many times it happens - hopefully not alot.
weather depending I might just give your solution a try! if it can help me save for 18" wheels and nice summer tires, all will be great!

thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts