SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many failed attemps to check the TB over this year, i finally got the TB/Intake pipe off today after yanking really hard. But in the process i managed to tear the pipe off of the bracket that mounts to the engine (near the bosch recirculating Valve). I didnt really think that i'd need to detach the pipe from the bracket because i didn't think the pipe would be that tough to get off.

Now there is this tear in the pipe and it doesn't seem to actually go through the pipe. looks more like there is some kind of foam padding where it was connected to the pipe. Has anyone else done something like this? where can i find a replacement online if needed?

thanks.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Its kinda hard to visualise this, can you take a picture?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Firehead, I once did exactly the same thing ;oops:
The bracket on the delivery pipe is moulded out of a second layer of plastic so unless you can see straight through inisde the pipe you should be ok until you can source a replacement. I even tried some mean old Araldite glue on it but it wouldn't hold :roll:

This is one of those mistakes you'll only make once. When I'm cleaning the TB step one is removing the bolt holding the delivery pipe to the cylinder head ;)

You asked where you can pick one up. Check site sponsors for a new part or your local scrappers for a used part. I can't help with part number.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, yeah i hope i don't do this again. I now see how it is a different layer of plastic. Ill check other sites..Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have any ideas on what the part number is for that intake pipe? I can't seem to find it online anywhere (or im searching in the wrong areas).

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Firehead said:
Anyone have any ideas on what the part number is for that intake pipe? I can't seem to find it online anywhere (or im searching in the wrong areas).
Do you mean "intake" or "delivery" pipe :confused:

Intake you can get custom, delivery will be main dealer only.

A scrap yard is your best bet ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Do you mean "intake" or "delivery" pipe
Gazolzwurf said:
The bracket on the delivery pipe is moulded out of a second layer of plastic so ... blah

and

When I'm cleaning the TB step one is removing the bolt holding the delivery pipe ... blah
:cheesy:

...---...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts