SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll begin by admitting my stupidity of not labeling all the hose connections from the throttle body, but done is done so I'm here seeking help. I just finished replacing the engine in my son's 96 900S. The replacement engine cranked on the first attempt, idles fine and runs with no apparent problems. However, after driving the car approx. 30 miles the CEL came on. Autozone pulled a code P1128. I suspect the problem comes from one or more hoses from the throttle body not being connected correctly. I found a pic of the throttle body with the ports labled. I followed that as best I could.
1) Should there be a connection from the throttle body port 3 to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail? Port 3 on my TB is capped off.
2) Should I have a connection from the throttle body to an "Air Pressure Sensor" on this non-turbo engine? If so, where is the sensor located?
3) Should I have a connection from Port 4 on the TB?
4) There is a valve mounted on the firewall behind the brake booster. Should there be a hose connected from the TB to this valve? If so, which TB port?

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the picture, hoses 2 + 3 are blanked off.

Hose 1 goes back ito a Y piece in the valve cover, with a pcv valve inserted just after the Y piece.

Hose 3 is routed back to th fuel pressure regulator.

Hose 5 is routed to the evap system purge valve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks walesaab! I'm guessing you meant ports 2 and 4 are capped. correct? How about the valve on the firewall behind the brake booster. I have one vac hose on it going to I believe the secondary air pump. It has an electrical connector attached and one open port. Should another vac hose be connected to it? If so, where does the other end attach?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry. Correct 2 + 4 are capped. 5 connects to the purge valve located close to brake booster on inner wing, this is a larger diameter pipe. If I didn't have half a ton of snow on top of my car I'd take a photo for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P1128 Code Again

I changed the vacuum hose connections as recommended, cleared the code and all seemed well until yesterday. The car had been driven about 1,000 miles since clearing the code and yesterday it returned. My son started the car and the CEL light remained on. Autozone scanned and returned P1128. Research online shows me for Saab the description is P1128 Saab Multiplicative Adaptation, Bank 1 Max. I have no idea what that means or where to begin looking for the problem. As a side note, the fuel level was low.

Any suggestions of how to find and solve the source of the problem will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
ldinnc
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing