SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone perhaps give me the part #s for the coolant hoses to the throttle body for a 2002 9-3 SE? I've searched my usual sources and am getting conflicting numbers.

Perhaps regular heater hose would work, but does anyone know which size?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#29 looks like one of them, but I don't see the other one. Potentially #31 but it doesn't look to be the correct shape. there is a supply and a return to the throttle body. One goes to the area near the thermostat and the other is near the connection for the heater hoses. They both connect above the PCV hose nipples on the throttle body.

Thanks for any number you can provide.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yes - I agree on #29 but the other one doesn't seem to be there. Maybe if you order #29 you get both?

#31 looks like part of the PCV system, kinda weird having it on a cooling system diagram.

In WIS, on the Throttle Control page they're item #15. No part number there though.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I found this link:

http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/replacement/wizard.asp?year=2000&make=SA&model=9{embeddash}3-SEDAN-004&category=G&part=Cooling+Hose

which seems to show the hoses.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Let me peek at my t-7 and I will see what I see and try to figure the part numbers.

The EPC says that you only have one #29 hose.

Report to come...

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
I just spent about 20 minutes digging around in there... the diagram is not all that accurate.

I'm fairly confident that one of the two hoses is 29 from the diagram. It's hard to analyze the other one on my car because I have the PCV #6 insulation is wrapped around them at the critical point where the other one heads down.

I thought 31 was the other hose, but it almost looks like it's the valve cover hose in that diagram. The weird thing is that I looked up the numbers and 29 is described as . I looked up the numbers via GS and 29 is described as HOSEENGVENT4CYL. That doesn't sound right since it looks like it connects to the hard pipe that T's off to the Turbo, but it could be the other side of the U-shaped hose that comes off the water pump. The other one is just a "hose". It's difficult to see under the heat shield.

It looks to me like you could use straight hose for them... but the other one might have a more serious bend. Maybe someone who has had the TB off can comment.

The parts numbers are:

29 - 91 86 883 NLS -> 55558930
31 - 91 38 587

Sorry I can't give you something more definitive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob - Thanks for taking the time to look.. I concur with everything you wrote... I too have PCV #6 and had a hard time seeing the other hose.

Thanks for the Part No for #31.

I'll keep looking for more info on the other hose and try regular hose if I come up blank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The parts numbers are:

29 - 91 86 883 NLS -> 55558930
31 - 91 38 587
Further research found that #31 was only used up to 00 model year. I did find pics of the two hoses. I'm going to take another look to see if I can confirm my car has both.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Is the car running? If it's "down" and you can pull the hoses, you might still find a part number on them. Saab, unlike a lot of manufacturers, puts the actual part number on them.

If 31 was part of the PCV system, that might explain why it went out of style.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car is currently running fine, just looking to replace all coolant hoses and the pump this autumn/fall assuming I can stock up on the correct parts...

I'll get in there with a flashlight and check for a part number or else just wait until I strip it down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the car running? If it's "down" and you can pull the hoses, you might still find a part number on them. Saab, unlike a lot of manufacturers, puts the actual part number on them.

If 31 was part of the PCV system, that might explain why it went out of style.
Hey Bob - I did some more hunting and I found part 55558606. Description appears to be a fit for the second hose. What do you think.

I still haven't pulled my current hoses to check, but since it is less than $10, I might just take a gamble so I have it on hand for my hose replacement job I'm going to do later this year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From the EPC that looks to be a 9-5 part, which means it would be for a 2.3L motor.
Looking at eeuroparts I had initially thought the same, then I checked the part info and it looks like it was used on a limited number of 9-3s also:

"Throttle body coolant hose for any 9-3 Viggen, 9-3 00-02 & 03 convertible, 9-5 4cyl all."

I just removed the foam wrap off my PCV #6 install to look at my part #s..... I must have forgotten what a pain that was to install first time around! It's 90+F here so I think it'll not get too cold without the wrap for a short time.

The two hoses on the throttle body are 9186883 and 9172487. Based on my searches these appear to have been superceded by 55558606 and 55558930... Appears to me that the EPCs may have a slight irregularity on this part.

Do you agree? Thanks so much for your help Bob.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
Yep... those numbers cross over to the new numbers. Looks like you're ready to go.

(EPC is odd on this one... especially with the diagrams!)

EDIT: When you actually get them in hand, post an opinion as to whether you think a straight hose could be used to replace them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts