SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 turbo 9-3 I've read different things about what connections go where and I'm not sure they're if they're in the right spot due to one not having a connection I can find.
15839705897493345538156772798154.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That appears to be the vacuum hose for the PCV system.
The one diagram I saw that matched this setup didn't seem to have anything connected to it. When I got the car another line was connected to it but following some diagrams I reconnected it to the way it's shown now. The line that was originally connected is still there but there's another tube to the right of it that originally didn't have anything. I bought this car from some random on FB as it was cheap I desperately needed a car and heard they're rather reliable.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
You can't have vacuum ports open to the atmosphere... something must go there. It looks like the nipple for the PCV system.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
GermZ: Yes, reliable with a lot of maintenance to bring things back into order. They are 20 year old cars.

As for that port... the PCV system went though 5 or 6 generations of evolution on these cars. Do a photo or two a bit futher back so that we can see the valve cover and other hoses. We can work from there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a list of things to do in the morning with the car I'll try to take some better and brighter pics

·
Registered
2000 93 SE Vert Auto : 2001 93 SE Vert Manual
69 Posts
The bare nipple goes to the Vacuum Valve located on the firewall and attaches to the nipple pointing to the passenger side of the car (There are three vacuum hoses that connect to the Vacuum Valve).

There is also a vacuum line for the PCV system that is located on the throttle body below the two coolant hoses (the hoses with the spring clamps). It does not really show up in your picture and is hard to service.

This might be a good time to replace all of your vacuum hoses. My personal preference is for clear silicone vacuum hoses.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bare nipple goes to the Vacuum Valve located on the firewall and attaches to the nipple pointing to the passenger side of the car (There are three vacuum hoses that connect to the Vacuum Valve).

There is also a vacuum line for the PCV system that is located on the throttle body below the two coolant hoses (the hoses with the spring clamps). It does not really show up in your picture and is hard to service.

This might be a good time to replace all of your vacuum hoses. My personal preference is for clear silicone vacuum hoses.
Thank you a ton it's raining right now but if it clears up I'll give it a look see

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I found the PCV line but it's not attached to anything I have no clue where it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I greatly appreciate it but I think the head gasket just blew so I'm screwed lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The I let off the gas and it blew a massive white smoke cloud then idled rough. Got home restarted it oil light was off but still smoking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My coolant doesn't seem to be pumping I squeeze the hose and it just jiggles down the line

1 - 20 of 21 Posts