SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question for the gurus on here. Ive attached 2 pictures for some questions I have. The first pic will show the hose Im talking about. It travels from the valve cover through the check valve and into the throttle body connection under the 2 coolant lines. The arrow in yellow shows the direction of airflow. the second pic is just another picture of the line but shows where Im having an issue. That side of the check valve keeps either blowing off the throttle body connection, or since Ive zip tied it now it is coming off from the check valve. I was under the assumption that the flow goes from the valve cover to the throttle body. Am I correct here? I cant figure out why I am getting (Im assuming back pressure) from the throttle body and blowing these lines off?

Attachments

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
On thing I would suggest is to make sure you are using either stock hoses or oil/gas resistant hoses - others will expand from the oil and get loose. That includes the popular silicone hose.

It it's not that, it sounds like you have some funky crankcase pressures.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On thing I would suggest is to make sure you are using either stock hoses or oil/gas resistant hoses - others will expand from the oil and get loose. That includes the popular silicone hose.

It it's not that, it sounds like you have some funky crankcase pressures.
Well I put a zip tie on the line connecting to the throttle body. But, now the hose is blowing off from the check valve. I have the new rev. PCV kit and the hoses are all good. How would one test something like funky crankcase pressures? I had a post up not long ago showing the valve cover top off and all was clean and looks ok. So it isnt like theres a bunch of sludge clogging things up and pressures going directions they shouldn't.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Is the port where it attaches to the TB clear? Maybe it's blocked and the pressure is coming from the crankcase when it's in a positive state and it can't enter the TB?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the port where it attaches to the TB clear? Maybe it's blocked and the pressure is coming from the crankcase when it's in a positive state and it can't enter the TB?

Its clear. I took off the TB and cleaned it out good with TB cleaner. Thats why Im at a loss?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I could be wrong but under boost there will be pressure on the TB side of the check valve instead of vacuum. The check valve keeps the boost out of the CC but maybe the boost is what is pushing the hose off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could be wrong but under boost there will be pressure on the TB side of the check valve instead of vacuum. The check valve keeps the boost out of the CC but maybe the boost is what is pushing the hose off.
Thats the thing. I cant find reliable info any where on the net concerning these hoses and direction of pressure/how much pressure/ etc. Im sure there is some back pressure because thats why the check valve is there, but if there is "too" much pressure what would be the reason behind it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts