SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9-3 kept lurching at stops when cold. I did the throttle reset and it seemed to help until yesterday when the check engine light came on. I got a 300 code random engine misfire. Cleared the code and did the Throttle reset procedure again yesterday afternoon. This morning came to a stop and the car started pulsing like it was going to stall at a traffic light. I could see the lights on the bumper of car in front of me and they dimmed and got bright with each gasp of the engine - I gave it a little gas to get the RPMs up around 1200. Once moving everything was ok. No misses at full throttle. I've replaced cyl 1 & 2 ignition coils - think I need to go ahead and do 3 & 4? Is this crankcase sensor I've heard about a possible culprit. the car has 138,000 miles on original engine. I'm trying to keep it as long as I can.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Cehck for vacuum leaks. Check near the T near the oil dipstick.

Clean your TB and MAF.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Have you checked and/or replaced the sparkplugs? Are you running the proper NGK plugs and did you use OEM Saab/Mitsubishi coils? There are cheap coils out there that won't work in our cars, they have to say Saab and Mitsubishi on them. As Diggs said clean the TB. Four bolts and it comes right off and you can clean the underside of the valve. A new gasket will only run you about $4. This should be done every few years IMO as they tend to build up gunk.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you checked and/or replaced the sparkplugs? Are you running the proper NGK plugs and did you use OEM Saab/Mitsubishi coils? There are cheap coils out there that won't work in our cars, they have to say Saab and Mitsubishi on them. As Diggs said clean the TB. Four bolts and it comes right off and you can clean the underside of the valve. A new gasket will only run you about $4. This should be done every few years IMO as they tend to build up gunk.
Yes correct plugs and coils. TB meaning the turbo itself?

And how do you check vacuum leaks? other than visually?

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.